Banksy Prints Not Actually from Banksy!

If a blank wall is criminal, then shouldn’t I be compelled to buy one if these, despite the irony?

Unless the art is worthless, in which case, should it be sprayed over nice blank walls?

I’m sticking with my blank white walls, and keeping my wallet from going empty. As for this Bansky hero… never heard of him, but might look him up one day. Some make heros out of vandals - often it’s the punks & thugs.

Likewise! Luckily you signed up to let us know how big your bananas are…

Whoshe messil kahhhpe! Mosssss lea araaaa bret khizeeeeee! Sill yimmakh. Wkhole ikhreaa.

i would buy this… just kidding

This is ridiculous. Which phat kat is milking us for these?

Shouldn’t some shyster who wants an authentic reproduction demand that it be on cement or brick surface instead of canvas?

If I wanted one of these, I would just go chisel it out of a wall…except the 4partheid wa11 one, since I would be sh0t if I liberate the section from the wa11.

You can download his work for free hes always made it free… http://www.banksy.co.uk/shop/shop2.html

Thanks for that link.

“Free” is always most excellent!

Don’t be fooled, you don’t really get a free Palestine with purchase. I’ve been swindled int his way before (I’m the rightful owner of Tibet, but China won’t let me take possession).

I like Banksy’s art. Sometimes I agree with his message, sometimes I don’t. That’s one of the special things about having opinions. Some of Banksy’s work has been sold for much more than you’re seeing here, and some of it has been painted over and destroyed. Maybe I can’t have an original, but I’d settle for a print.

The thing that’s making me hesitate on buying one of these is I’m pretty sure the artist is not being paid for them. If I’m going to pay for his art, I’d rather pay him, and not some random company taking advantage of his anonymity.

irony aside, if you wish to free Palestine make a contribution to a charity supporting those aims and get a screenshot and frame that :stuck_out_tongue:

Good advice. BDS

Bachelor of Dental Surgery? Bicycle Dealer Showcase? British Dragonfly Society? Boondock Saints? Born Down Souf?

I’m at a loss.

buy the print, paint a blank wall over it, then hang it on a graffiti covered wall downtown

This is exactly what stopped me, too, despite the initial excitement I felt from recognizing the picture. I am rather surprised that woot would sell these.

^^ hipster

I wonder what ever happened to the billboard he did? I remember reading the owners of the sign liked it and wanted to keep it and some old fuddy duddy’s from the city made em take it down.

Total garbage that Woot allows this

Indeed, free Palestine from the grips of Hamas

I think I’ll buy these and hang them up next to my Mr. Brainwash prints…u mad bro?

Oh my god. OR! You can buy some 100lb paper from office max, and make your own stencils! (http://www.ehow.com/how_6545017_make-stencil-using-paint.html)
THEN you can get some spray paint and canvas, and make your own versions of the $50 prints to give to friends and family!! Save yourself the $5000 to buy all these, and spend $20 making the exact same thing. Everyone will think you’re a high roller. Or insane. Whichever.

It’s rare woot makes me want to vom, but whoa.

Sorry, this is a vastly better place to learn about stencils.

Thanks for reminding me about this at least, woot.