BaoFeng UV-5R Two-Way Radio - 5 Pack

But… if you accidentally bump the ‘transmit’ button on one of these, either in a car, boat, balloon or on land, there are thousands of ‘BLACK HELICOPTERS’ staged all over the USA ready to swoop down on you at a moments notice & take you out.
This is your last warning…

2 Likes

One can only gather, from the massive traffic on this offering, that a substantial part of the prison overcrowding issue is due to the illegal use of ham radio frequencies.

2 Likes

When I was kid I used to have a pair of RADIOSHACK Realistic radios, the bulky kind. So you guys are saying when I used to say “breaker breaker one nine
…(what ever that meant)” I was breaking (no pun intended) the law?

They have apps now where you can listen to police scanners.

1 Like

Yeah, but there is only one source for the received transmissions in my area. And they combine several agencies. It’s interesting enough, but is hard to follow and crashes.

I just remember from back in the day. I think what my bro had was a “trunking” system? Does that sound right?

Holy cow, there’s a lot of ignorance in this discussion. Operating a radio in the amateur (“ham”) frequencies ranges requires a license. Illegal operators are readily identified by licensed operators. It’s a small enough community that new users are closely observed. In every city there are retired guys who sit around scanning all day. There are people who track and find transmitters for sport–you can be found in minutes. The fines for illegally transmitting on amateur radio frequencies are usually in thousands of dollars.

1 Like

Let it be, they’ll find out the hard way. Besides your signal can be tracked, DF (Direction Finding). A Woot ‘disclaimer’ will not protect buyers. Caught abusing the guidelines you can lose your house, car, etc. It’s a fair punishment.

I’m not trying to be argumentative, really I’m not. Can you link to a story where somebody using these types of radios lost their house, car, etc.?

I have never read or heard about this.

1 Like

Proper to obtain a license if one wants an in home set up to use frequently, or daily mobile use. For those who want to access the frequencies for occasional use such as remote camping, hiking etc., they will be much less likely to get a license. So, I don’t own or use a ham, but I would like to when I am remote. That being said, I looked up local clubs, what I found were a bunch of pretentious, overzealous pricks who think their hobby is for the Gods and want to make it seem getting a license is the equivalent of getting a commercial pilot’s license. Yeah… right. That in itself turns off most people. For those basement hermit couch potatoes with a mouth stuffed with potato chips and cheeto stains on their radio dials can look for the occasional users all they want, but those folks are mobile, good luck catching them, you could detect someone, but 5 minutes later they’ll be gone from the location. So you all licensed hams with your panties all in a bunch, simmer down and make the freaking hobby accessible to all. As another Wooter said, you’re not special.

2 Likes

apply-cold-water-to-burned-area-60232963

3 Likes

got the radios today (REALLY fast so thanks) but having trouble with the programming cable. Win10 doesnt have the drivers and cant find them. Tried a few different driver options I found online but none seem to work properly with CHIRP software. Anyone had success that wants to share a link? TIA

think I solved my own problem, if any one needs the info:
used drivers from here
http://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.image.ro/download/Driver%20installer%20for%20Win10%20Programming%20cable.zip
then had to change USB port I was using (couldnt get it to run in a USB 3.0 port for some reason, probably a bad driver somewhere)
anyway, downloaded newest version of CHIRP and all is well

1 Like

Thank you, Citizen. Do not be alarmed at the presence of the black helicopters commencing to circle your location. They are there for your safety. Thank you for your cooperation.

1 Like