Barrels of Ocelots

I hold on to hope but find I’m just grabbing at air!

1 Like

Oh yeah, that was quite by luck. LOL. Didn’t do it for that purpose so no apology.

:w_tongue:

3 Likes

When it was at 100% I got stuck in the waiting room… this happend ten times last week. Never had this every single time in the past… currently still in the waiting room. Is there something up with my account?

Sadly my hope is so little with VOP. On Friday on the app on my phone it NEVER kicked me out of it even after waiting 15-30 minutes each time just to be safe. And I’m lucky on my laptop if it’ll sometimes kick me out after 10-15 minutes. I will hang on again though, I always do and it isn’t like my laptop or phone have much else to do X’D

My app has been doing the same too! It puts me in VOP right away from the start.

No, nothing on your account could affect your BOC purchase ability. We just had THOUSANDS trying last week. Should be better today if I had to make a guess.

2 Likes

REMINDER: VOP IS BY DESIGN!

VOP is an order queue that keeps our servers from crashing. A small number of orders go straight through and the rest will go into the queue to wait their turn.

It is possible to come out of the VOP and get a BOC. Do not exit to restart because that puts you at the end of the line.

If the VOP doesn’t kick you out after about 7-8 minutes, you should go ahead and exit.

6 Likes

Yeah, I think I’ve only gotten through the VOP a few times, but if I clicked really early in the BOC’s life, I’ve gotten it. …Except that one time where I thought I was definitely the fastest in the West, but turns out I was still too slow.

I guess what I’m saying is, “I feel ya!” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, wasn’t sure because I’ve gotten a bunch from the old days an never had it like this. The other day I went to buy one got sent to VOP right away, told someone else it was up and they got theirs with no VOP afterwards.

VoP and then dropped for the 4th time, with the app. The BOC gods must be angry with me.

UNDERSTANDING BOCs

Someone asked for a pie chart but it really calls for a VEN Diagram.

6 Likes

If you’re not using the woot app, you’re already like 30 seconds behind everybody else, maybe more - and the app doesn’t actually process the VOP for me, never kicks me out - I only got one today because I made it through fast enough to not get VOP’d

Anyone who’s just F5-ing the Clearance page, try going to this auto-refreshing forum page to see when the “BOOs” pop up:
https://forums.woot.com/new

Using that is how I finally broke the drought of BOCs. When I tried to F5 the heck out of the clearance page, I was never successful and always disappointed. Now I’m occasionally successful and yet still disappointed.

I liked the spike chart you showed a lot on Friday. Was cool to see the sudden rush of people on the site.

2 Likes

Are you talking about the app notifications or do you just refresh the Clearance page in the app? I was seeing the app notifications at varying times (both faster and slower) compared to the New forum page updates, but that might just be how my phone is set up.

Here you go.

3 Likes

SNAGGED ONE! First day eligible outside the 31 day window!

The app was much faster than desktop on this

2 Likes

You’re awesome! Thank you.

1 Like

Why does the VoP never kick you out when the item is no longer available? Seeems if the system is refreshing, eventually the app (or webpage) should tell you to stop waiting.

1 Like

Methinks that they are using VOP to throttle this more than they used to; spreading it out. @ThunderThighs, any truth to this wild speculation?