Basis Hydration Variety 30 Pack

Basis Hydration Variety 30 Pack

1 Like

It’s crazy how much electrolyte powders are selling for, these days. I used to by 10 packs of various electrolyte supplements from the 99 cents store. This stuff isn’t much more expensive to make than kook-aid, if at all. I play several racquet sports and do hot yoga most days of the week and I can finish this entire 30 serving pack in a week. I generally sweat about a gallon in hot yoga, and even more during some of the sports play. I fill at 87oz bottle up and add 4 servings, which is actually a little less than the recommended amount for that much liquid. On the days I do yoga and play sports, that’s 8 servings in one day. These expensive electrolytes are for the super rich or the people that rarely use them. Without the electrolytes, I cramp, so I know I need them. The one I’m using is called Sierra Fit, which is $16 for 90 servings. Sometimes, they go on sale, too.

It’s interesting how it boasts 1000mg of electrolytes, of which 350mg of that is sodium. It only lists potassium at 188mg but doesn’t list amount of chromium- it just says 20% of daily value.

The way I see it, if I’ve been sweating from intense workout then I need the sugar and go with gatorade. I get the big (makes 9 gallons) powder container for $10-15 depending on flavor. If I’m recovering from illness or maybe hung over then pedialyte. If I’m choosing for an elderly person, then pedialyte. And if I need the pedialyte- it’s the liquid bc I’m probably not in a mood to mix powder.

This lands like a designer electrolyte powder. I’m not that fancy.

2 Likes

Fake pedialyte is at the Dollar Tree. I discovered this after i quit drinking.

2 Likes

I thought I’d share. This gives you a very specific guideline on how to use these oral rehydration therapy solutions. You know what you are sweating out. Be safe. :blush: It does recommend not making homemade ORS which I personally was recommended to do by my PCP at one point. I guess that’s also a personally choice, depends on the situation, and between you and your PCP.