Bates Men's Zero Mass 8" Boots

How was the sizing…did you up or lower the shoe size OR was it true to size…

Can you lace these boots…OR…must you only use the side zippers…???

I found this review…???

The boots are very light weight and flexible. very good for walking and standing. However, they feel very cheap and low quality materials. Time will tell how well they hold up. Other problem I found is bates boots all run very big in size. I wear size 11-11.5 in any other shoe, but I got the zero mass in 10.5 and they are still big. A lot of room and slipping in the heal. After wearing them for about 2 weeks and breaking them in, they are almost to big and loose to wear. This is my 3rd pair of bates boots and these by far the the cheapest low quality pair yet. Just another product from china.

Mine arrived 5 days EARLY!!! how is this possible? someone clearly forgot to tell the delivery company to loose and or crush my box. it came early and in perfect shape

Hah! Same here.

They’re definitely lighter than I expected, but they seem okay quality-wise.

They are quite a bit longer than my usual size, but aren’t all that wide. They feel a bit tight on my wide feet, hope they break in.

Just got the boots today…2/18/16…only took 4 days…WOW…anyways the fit is great…really nice and wide…had to unlace them to get my foot inside of them…lightweight and well made…time will tell…if offered again I would buy another pair…

Did anyone buy a size 12 and really need a 13? I went 13 and they are too big. I can’t find a price anywhere near as good as we got here and would trade my 13 regular width for a 12 regular width.

I ordered the 10.5 4E. I can wear an 11 regular but prefer 10.5 wide. These fit great & still breaking them in. Very lightweight material & sole could be thicker. Feels more like sneakers than boots. Has a low heel but has good arch support. Love the extra room around toes for boot socks. I’m going to try adding insoles with heel pads.

“Low profile, durable rubber, slip resistant outsole”

I wish, they’re like ice skates on any wet flat surface.

They Definetly run big. I normally wear a size 12US but they only had 11.5 at the time when I ordered and I wish I would have bought a size 11. With a thick boot sock on, the size isn’t too bad. I bought them for an upcoming police academy and they seem pretty comfortable so far but time will tell as I break them in and how well they last.

I can’t get over how light weight they are. My only experience with Bates Boots are the tan USMC issued boots that I used to wear and both of these boots together feel nearly the same weight as just one of my old tan Marine Corps boots. Hopefully this isn’t a sign of cheap materials and they hold up as well.