Bazooka Mobile Audio

Has anyone bought one of these Bazooka tubes before? Seems like a good deal to add just a little kick to your ride with minimal work. Just wondering what the quality is like for the powered units.

The only experience I have with Bazooka is the gum, and it left a bad taste in my mouth. Do these tubes come with comics?

If you’re not looking for earth-shaking bass or super low frequencies, these will do fine. The 50 watt complete package includes the wiring kit, amp, enclosure, and sub for under $100. You can’t really go wrong at that price.
Just be aware the the others don’t come with wiring and you’ll have to power them from a lead off the car’s battery. Basically, you’ll need to do all the wiring you’d do for a traditional amp + subwoofer, so it may not be worth it. If you’re going to do all that, you might as well buy a higher-end product.

I purchased the powered 8" (BTA8100) about a month ago… seems like these get offered quite a bit.

If you’re not used to big bass - and I am not - it’s quite impressive. But I think the main reason to get one of these versus a standard style amp and sub is for limited space applications. I used this in my old standard cab pickup truck, where it fit perfectly behind the bench seat.

Install was fairly simple. You have to run a power line direct from the battery, and either RCA cable or signal cable to the head unit. Plus you’ll need a good ground.

I went with the RCA cables, since my head unit has dedicated RCA outputs for a sub and it’s a little easier. Though Bazooka does recommend using the high level inputs over the RCA.

I believe I also ran a remote turn-on wire, but apparently this is optional.

This manual should give you some idea of what’s in store for you with the install.