Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphones

**Item: **Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphones
Price: $179.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphones)

[Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en+%26tbm=shop+%26q=Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphones)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
8/17/2013 - $219.99 - 32 comment(s)
6/6/2013 - $219.99 - 61 comment(s)

6/10/2013 - $220.00 (Woot Plus)

Excellent review over at cnet.com

Do these headphones function as normal headphones w/out the noise cancellation feature if the batteries are dead or do they not work at all?

Get reviews of this product straight from the super-geeky (in a good way) audiophiles at http://headphonereviews.org/headphone/Monster/Beats+by+Dr+Dre. I don’t buy a pair of cans without checking with them first!

Also, a little note from the depths of my own headphone geekiness… Over-ear (aka circumaural) are definitely the way to go for comfort. Try to never get supra-aural (on-ear), those things start hurting fairly quickly in my experience. Ear buds are okay, but you just can’t beat circumaural.

I have these headphones, they do not function as normal headphones. They need battery power, and they have active noise cancellation so when you turn them on you can hear a humming noise. They are fairly good headphones and the batteries last long enough that you could for a full week of listening before your batteries die. If you listen for like 6 hours in a row, when you take them off you do notice that your ears hurt a bit. But that may just be an ear size thing

Don’t waste your money on these overpriced headphones. For the amount you would spend on these you could buy several other high end headphones such as The Sennheiser HD558, or for slightly more, The Grado SR225i.

Beets are cheaply made and the quality of sound is nominal at best.

Don’t get suckered into a fad people!

Though I rarely post, I saw these things on Woot today and came on just to post almost exactly what you just posted. So as to not steal your fire, I’ll just add a “here here!” to your post. Nobody will deny these sounds great; however, you can get sounds as good or better for much less.

Another testament to your post here. Beats are great if all you’re interested in is listening to songs with over emphasized bass. I purchased some Audio Technica ATH-M50’s for a little over 100, and couldn’t be happier. Even went back to Best Buy after my purchase to listen to the headphones they had there, Beats included, and it just solidified my purchase.

Yep, came here to say the same thing. Don’t waste money on these. Whenever I see someone wearing them, i just think they are someone who thinks $ = quality (or at least status).

You and the previos poster give some great advice and listed some great lower cost alternatives, but none of your suggestions have active noise cancelation. While I aggree that beats are generally over hyped and overpriced, this pair, at this proce might just be the best option for a person looking for over the ear, active noise canceling headphones. Am I wrong?

You’re paying for brand and marketing. These headphones are overpriced, over-hyped and they equalize your audio to the manufacturer’s specs, not yours.

If you need over-the-ear noise cancelling, these might be a reasonable buy for the price but don’t expect pristine audio.

I don’t really see the point of noise cancelling headphones unless you want to fall asleep to your background music on a jet or train.
Otherwise, turn the volume up on a good pair of audiophile headphones that let you control the EQ. :slight_smile:

And oh look…right here on Woot! Active over-the-ear noise cancelling headphones that will play music even without the batteries for only $69.99! http://tech.woot.com/offers/noiseshield-active-nc-headphones-1

I long time ago I bought the Jabra C820s Noise Canceling Headphones from Woot. I have subsequently trashed them with many plane flights.

These peeked my interests as I was figuring I’d buy a Bose product sooner or later - but based on the comments, thinking not.

So - I’m in the market for something with noise cancellation - any suggestions?? Or is this a decent buy, if that’s what I’m in the market for. I do like to try and sleep in them when travelling.

Not as big of a savings as listed. We just picked up a pair from our local Best Buy for $199.00. Theyre also available on the website in other colors- black purple blue orange
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Beats+Studio+Over-the-Ear+Headphones/3476048.p?id=1218405776588&skuId=3476048&st=beats%20studio&cp=1&lp=3}Link to blue cause I like them better.

New model has been released replacing these thus the discounted price. New model does not require batteries. But is $299

$169.95 with free shipping on staples.com today only in pink purple red or silver.

Give me a pair of Grado SR-255s rather than these cans 'o crap any day!
Oh, and did I mention that the Grados are made in the US? I believe that they are still made in Brooklyn, NY!

The only status that these beat headphones give you, is the status that you are a fool, and you and your money are surely quickly parted!

Anyone who does not give frequency response, SPL, and impedance, about their headphones, surely has something to hide!

IF you buy these headphones they come with a guarantee that u can be a DJ automatically upon wearing them. It’s amazing