Beehive Cheese Award Winning Barely Buzzed and Butter Bound - 2 lb. Pack

I would not cook with it but just slice it thin to layer on any gourmet crackers.Avoiding any California wine with high levels of cancer-causing hexavalent chromium is a good idea.Order the cheese before the plume of radioactive cesium 137 isotopes get here from Japan.

I can’t speak for the person who suggested the wine, but I would go with a chianti, since it goes with everything. As for me, I just eat it plain, and try not to eat the whole purchase by myself.

Wow, another cheese I have tried in the past couple of weeks. Barely Buzzed is an amazing cheese. I didn’t think I would like it but I did. The aged cheddar is really complimented by the espresso and lavender rub. I had this with a petite sirah dessert wine (J Scott’s Mistelle, from Oregon) and it was a knock out. Anyway, the rub is subtle and adds nice layers of flavor to the cheese without being invasive or overly floral. I definitely recommend this!

Which restaurant? (I wonder if it was mine…)

I have had both of these, Barely Buzzed is great with its’ interesting coating and the butter bound is a very good creamy white cheese similar in mouth feel to a fresh Fontina. For less than $20/lb good deal, coming up during lent not such great timing.

http://www.beehivecheese.com/images/products/cheese/barely_buzzed.jpg

None,have the barely buzzed with a top shelf beer like it shows on Beehive’s website.Any Cali wine would ruin the fine flavor of this quality cheese.

This would’ve been far more awesome if it had been paired with some of the Cremini artisan salami that’s been on here a few times.

even more awesome would be some good crackers or bread to go with.

Woot should expand from wine.woot to foodies.woot or something and sell neat local stuff that is hard to find nationally.

Impressive ingredients on the Butter Bound. Raw milk, organic, and from Jersey cows. You can’t ask for anything more. I think I’m going to have to be in for one to support the cause.

Is the Barely Buzzed also made from raw milk and is it organic?

I’ve been waiting a long time for Beehive Cheese to return to Woot, so I am one happy camper! To those folks who ask if it worth the price I say… This ain’t your Momma’s Velveeta! Yes, it cost some money, but the quality and attention to detail is in the product and results in a tremendous enjoyment factor. IMHO, if you enjoy cheese, you will be glad you made the purchase and the only sadness you will experience is when the last morsel is gone.

BTW, this will be my 100th Woot!

You: “Hi! My name is Greg, and I’m a wootaholic.”

Us: “Hi, Greg!”

Recognition of the problem is the first step toward recovery. Or something.

Guilty as charged! But in my defense let me point out that purchasing from Woot means I don’t have to submit to the extortion of paying sales tax to the Gubmint, and I don’t have to use expensive gasoline to drive to the store. AND, since moving away from the bountiful SF Bay Area to the desert… what store? Ahh, the benefits of living in tsunami-safe Nevada!

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/stpatricsday/2.gif

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/d/drunken_leprechaun-12335.bmp" width=150

We have a thread about that. :tongue:

Mudman, I just tried to squish the bug on the screen. I’m going back to bed.

The blocks look like half pounds, which is a more normal pack size, so I’d say you’re right: we’d get 2x2 blocks of cheese for our delectation!

I’ve only purchased the barely buzzed / seahive duo from previous woots and loved both. I’m impressed enough with those previous purchases to try the butter bound today.

I agree that the Barely Buzzed is one of the best cheeses I’ve ever had. My husband keeps asking when we’ll get it again.

I would recommend eating it with a very plain cracker like a table water cracker so that the vessel with which you eat the cheese doesn’t overpower the flavor.

Yum-o.

this is a great price for good cheese. i dont know where you live but $15 a pound is a steal for any cheese in a good shop.

This isnt the same thing as the cracker barrel extra sharp cheddar cheese you get 2lb for 7 bucks at the local stop and shop

this is great stuff - prolly the 3rd time I have bought this cheese from Woot - keeps going up in price, but that is ok

I was interested that some folks do not care for the barely buzzed and some folks almost gobble it down. Probably the same folks that dont like a good red wine :slight_smile:

shrug It’s an odd combination. The rub was a little too overpowering for me, but I found that if I scrape it off first, it’s just about right. Enough of the flavor made it into the cheese itself that I could still taste it. (The lavender sounds odd at first too, but it’s a great combination.)

I’ve bought it here twice, both times along with Seahive. The Seahive was my favorite of the two, so I think I’ll hang out and see if more people have things to say about the Butter Bound.