Belkin NetCam HD+ Wi-Fi Camera - 2pk

From what I hear it’s about $100 / year… I can’t seem to find the actual pricing without logging into a Belkin account… guess you have to buy a set to find out :frowning:

Honestly, unless you want to have the videos/pics stored on the cloud, you can do most of the notifications with a good IFTTT recipe…

This may sound like a dumb way to accomplish what you’re asking, but you could always plug them into a wemo outlet plug and then remotely turn the plug off and then back on again to cycle your power!

I would like to point one out of a window toward my front door but some of the reviews I read said that the night vision does not work well through a glass window. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

The fact that I don’t know what that is and am about to resort to Google to find out does not bode well for my success…

If it’s pointing out a window, the glare from the IR lighting will obscure everything. It would need the IR to be disabled for it to work at all during nighttime. If that’s done, then the ambient lighting would need to be bright enough to get a passable image.

A Lynksys range extender that I bought off of woot. $30 or $40???
Haven’t had them out in the cold of winter yet. But they have done just fine in the spring/summer in Missouri. There’s an overhang outside of the barn where it’s setting. 5ft or so out of the weather. They are fine outside and inside the hot dusty environment. The night vision is pretty good as well. The cold shouldn’t be an issue??? But it’s not like they’re crazy expensive, they are cheap enough to sacrifice for the experiment if they die. If they survive I may replace them with something that I can move around and zoom remotely.
I thought I could restart them by IP addy but I haven’t found that yet.

Can the cameras be used without using a cloud storage service? I want one to keep in a 2nd home and use the motion activation mode to alert me if anyone is in the home. Would it preform that function w/o the costly service?

I want to be able to see who stole my stuff and turn that into the cops. Do I need to pay for the online services to do this? Does anyone know of a service I can build to do it myself? I am not sure how these products work.

Well, as someone mentioned above, an IFTTT recipe could be a solution. Until 10 minutes ago, I had no idea what that meant, but now I do. It’s a trap! Oh no, I mean, it’s an app!

Ah, the things I’ve learned over the years from those crazy kids on Woot!

Even without the paid service, you should be able to save images straight to your mobile device. The app works and will show you what the camera is doing, so you can get proof from it, I feel…

Honestly, I’m not sure… I know the system will email you when the motion detector is activated… Maybe it sends a photo along with it? If so, IFTTT should be able to push that to another storage location… If there is no image, you might need to look deeper… if nothing else, when you get a regular alert, go to the app, take screenshots…

The mounting wall/ceiling brackets are not in the box or included. That’s probably how they saved on the price. I bought a few of these new on Amazon a while back because they work great but I feel cheated I can’t mount these I bought on Woot