Belkin Sansa Charging Kit

They mean the c200 and e200 series. It’ll work with any e2X0 Sansa.

With my free shipping coupon code and two Sansas from a previous Crap, this is a no-brainer. That much closer to going back to black!

USB outputs 5v. Any item you have that can be charged via your USB port will be able to be hooked up to either the AC adaptor or the car charger by using the appropriate USB cable that fits your phone/mp3 player/GPS etc. Many simply use a mini-USB connector and you can carry one cable for all those items.

Example: My mp3 player and GPS both use a mini-USB while my phone uses a micro-USB plug. I have a short adapter to convert the mini plug to a micro plug. When I travel I only need to carry the one USB wire, along with the adapter and an AC plug. It makes this set a good purchase just two have the two methods of charging your devices. Plus you’re getting a quality brand in Belkin, not some no-name cheap knock off.

Froogled: Google Shopping - Product not found

Looks like about $12 is retail price, so half-off through Sellout.

I’m getting this because I just lost my sansa charge cable in the last 2 weeks. :frowning:

so will this work with the sansa clip? i’m always paranoid about killing my little baby with too much amperage/voltage…

I’ve picked these up in the past. They work with all things USB, including your IPOD. Of course the Sansa cable only works with your Sansa device. The value in this isn’t the Sansa cable. Buy three of them for the USB charging options.

sigh shipping killed it.

It does (other that “rigged” devices like those Motorola cell phones that need a special connector with a resistor inside to tell the phone it’s a “real” Motorola wart). I buy three of these each time they list them, they’re a steal at this price. These are switching power supplies that put out a nice, clean, REGULATED five volts, unlike cheap UNregulted “USB” warts that CAN damage sensitive gear.

The cable is definitely OEM… if that means anything to yall Sansa users.

It’ll work on the C200 series too – and the View, Fuze, etc. – basically ALL of the Sansas except for those that use generic USB (i.e., the Clip and Express).

If your Sansa uses the 30 pin connector, this will work for you.

BTW, the others (Clip, Express, etc.) WILL work, with their own USB cables – the 30 pin cable that comes with this kit won’t work for you, but you can just plug in your regular cable and be good to go.

For those who gripe about the 30 pin connectors, keep in mind that they’re necessary for docking applications – they carry lines for audio, control, etc., in addition to the power and data that a generic USB connector provides. And, while a good (non-no-name junk) cable is NOT cheap ($15 on up), you’re getting a real Sansa cable with each 99 cent kit here – so, you can sell the cables and pay for the kits if you’re so inclined, or, consider them essentially freebie spares.

VERY tempting to get 3 (no sense in getting less) as I have so many USB devices, not to mention a bunch of Sansas - thank you, Woot!

My Clips seem to need MORE current than my bigger (i.e., e200) series Sansas. When I connect via a USB hub, if I forget to add outboard power to the hub, the Clips go nuts, constantly making/breaking connection, whereas the other models will work fine without additional power.

You can plug a standard USB connector from your Clip to these devices. Works fine for me. I also use them for all sorts of USB devices (Grundig radio, various GPS, etc.)

looks like a good deal to me. I am getting a jump on x-mas shopping. I can add this to the sansa I will buy for gifts…
thanks woot…

Yup, it’s $5 per order per woot! site.

More for the rest of us!

Getting a pair of regulated switching USB power supplies, mainstream manufacture, high quality, and a Sansa-brand synch cable, for a total of $2.66 in the aggregate (including shipping)… no brainer!

Or, buy a regulated switching wall outlet for ten bucks, a similar lighter-socket job for another ten bucks, and then top it off with a Sansa cable for $15 – plus shipping – and pat yourself on the back. :wink:

In for 3 at less than 3 bucks a set with shipping how can you go wrong.

Excellent…I picked up a couple of 8GB refurb Fuzes at Newegg a couple of weeks ago for $40, these will be excellent additions for them.

Damn, why can’t these things ever have amperage ratings displayed? I want to know the amperage of the AC adaptor :\

Speaking of amperage, can someone clarify how that works? I know USB is always 5v but some of my devices have USB-AC chargers (for the wall) that put out 500ma, some are 800ma, and a couple are 1A-- does a device just use whatever amperage it needs, or say this thing is a 1amp output, will it fry something that normally comes with a 500ma charger?

(I know if this is a 500ma charger it probably won’t charge something that needs more… right?)

Thanks for clarification… I think I’m in for 3 either way.

A power supply will only output the current required by the device connected to it (up until it reaches its maximum rated capacity). If the device draws 320ma from a supply rated at 500ma, then that is all that will be supplied. However, if the device pulls 1.5 amps from a supply that is only capable of outputting 500ma then you may/will run into trouble. Some power supplies can be damaged by this. Sometimes they will simply shut themselves off (self-protection). Also, depending on the device connected, it may or may not charge at a slower rate than it would with a higher current power supply, if at all.
This is likely a 500ma supply which is more than adequate to recharge most devices commercially available today. I bought three as these are always handy to have on hand for iPods, phones, GPS units (that run on 5V), and bluetooth headsets.

Sweet, I was just thinking how I needed a car charger for my e200. Good to know it will work with this.

Where are you guys getting these free shipping coupons from? I’m on the newsletter, but haven’t gotten anything from it. It’d be really nice for this Woot.