Bell+Howell Taclight Lantern 2-Pack

Finally, someone who not only used it for an extended period of time but noted how long the batteries last. I’ve always used the Rayovac’s. I have a few small Sportsman 150, and 3 or 4 of the 300’s and got a couple of the DIY3DLN-B (pricey) Rayovac’s for my stashed emergency bag (a bag I keep in a storage facility about 5 miles away from home) and one with the rest of my emergency lights/gear. Very bright, 3 brightness settings and seems to last forever. It’s heavy so in a pinch, it would make a nice object to THROW at someone LOL. I dropped mine by accident from my attic, landed on top of a snow blower, bounced and hit the concrete floor (garage). Little rub mark on the clear plastic lens but didn’t crack or break. oops.

I think people get too caught up in the brightness of some of these devices and do not pay attention to the run times. For emergencies, the longer it runs, the better that’s why even my headlamps have 100+ hours of run time and they are all 100 lumens or more.

Like I said, the RayOvac light is costly but you pretty much know what your getting. Todays lights look nice but seems odd that you can’t find how long they last easier which is a red flag for me.

Don’t forget the $5.00 shipping charge on top of the $19.99! Oh, and plus tax! And the two - three week shipping for woot!

The more I look at this and the deals available on the Mother Ship, I see just how pathetic this deal is. I can get a 4-pack of pretty much identical lights, with batteries, for $16.99 with free Prime shipping!

The only reason I come to Woot anymore is to look at what they have and decide if I want it, then I go to Amazon to get a better price!

I bought a 4 pack of these on amazon a while back for $25.99 and they work great!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C5QSENQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not trying to rain on anyones parade but the 4 pack isn’t the same like. Sure, the shell looks the same, but the LED’s are different. PLus, if you can run one of the ones offered today for 40 hours or longer, why would you think one running at 12 is better? Not saying the ones here are my choice (as I’ve already stated the lights I have above), but they are somewhat decent lights, are bright and last a long time.

But to be fair, mother ship has 2 for $16 and if you have prime, free shipping and no tax. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KT54XYO?th=1

Let’s be careful making comparisons. With most products, there are cheep knockoffs to be had - some people buy a BMW and others buy a Kia.

For the actual product that is being sold, as far as I can tell, this is a great deal - best price I can find is about 20 (plus shipping) for one - this is the same price for 2.

If you think Bell+Howell equals quality, or are somehow comparing it to BMW, you are sadly misinformed. Bell+Howell is nothing more than a name that is licensed and plastered on anything and everything (think Polaroid). I can guarantee that these come off the same assembly line as the ones Amazon regularly sells for 2/$12.99 (Plus Prime Benefits). Save your money - don’t buy these. Or if you do - don’t expect anything special or different from the cheaper (sorry - less expensive) version.

This does come with a Lifetime warranty, and the warranty card is included in the box. We’ve updated the sale now!

No, sorry… No magnetic bases

I totally agree,Bell+Howell made nice 8mm movie projectors 40 years ago but nothing much since.

You can get identical lanterns from TekCity cheaper on Amazon all the time.

The intent was to simply point out that one can’t compare apples to oranges. From what I can tell for this exact item, Woot has offered a pretty competitive price. Responses that say “come on Woot, this isn’t competitive” (while referring to different items) miss the point.

Some may see similar things on Amazon or elsewhere at a lower price, and think they are the same thing. From what I’ve seen, all the cheaper options have a different LED assembly when compared to this one - I don’t have both items, but for an item whose sole purpose is to produce light, the LED’s used might make a big difference in performance.

I just talked to customer service about this and was told that these are not the magnetic base version. I have a couple of the magnetic base ones (ITEM# 1454MOG2) and they are great and wouldn’t have them any other way.

From the picture, these look like COB LED but it doesn’t state in spec so bit hesitant about ordering it.

One on Amazon are definitely COB and cheaper…seems like a better deal than this.

Similar ( VERY SIMILAR) items on amazon with same/better pricing and some in 3-4 pack bundles.