Bell Wine Cellars Pinot Noir (3)

I’ll take two off your hands.

either. just couldn’t justify six.
tnx

So how do you get to give your input for the crush and fermentation? Do you know a priori which yeast you want to pitch, fermentation temps, and such? Do you visit there during crush to oversee the process? Do you have them rush you samples to taste so you can adjust as needed? Can you do it all by the numbers?

Seems like a big challenge to manage winemaking from afar!

Great question. It is a very difficult process to manage, not my approach to winemaking and not something I am very keen to continue doing. Over the past few vintages we have worked collaboratively to figure out what we are doing and how we want it done. I have had to rely heavily on their winemaker and their more familiar knowledge with their local grapes and conditions. Because of physically doing the cellar work at Bell I am unable to visit during harvest so I have had to rely on trust and post harvest winemaking. Most of the work is done based on flavor profile and style and not the numbers. My experience has been that generally the numbers do not make tremendous sense unless you can taste the juice/wine at the same time. Making Napa Cabernet is much more fun and where my time and attention is spent.

Done

and done.

I bought two 3-packs, so we each get 2 bottles.

Nice. Thanks. I got next, enabler :smile:

Honest reply that’s appreciated though not very encouraging as to the future of PN at Bell! Sounds like the trouble of obtaining the grapes not worth the time spent on cellaring and/or marketing. Also, Does not sound like Bell has much to do with the actual winemaking on this offer! i am still in via Merbill but a bit taken aback

I would be in if i didnt just drop 200$ at the winery last weekend.

on a side note Bell’s port is one of the best i’ve ever had. It’s sooo smooth.

Info post:
All tasting notes for this wine have been cross posted into CT under user name wine.woot_taster. User names have been removed to protect the guilty. PM me if you want your tasting note removed or user name added back.

Thanks and back to the wineing.

I am soo sorry I missed this. I thought the wines that were being made at Bell were wonderful.

Ditto, we were out of town for a few days and I was pretty much off the grid. Hopefully it will come around again…