Bello Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (6)

Bello Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 6-Pack
Sold by: Veedercrest Estates
$73.99 $174.00 57% off List Price
2013 Bello Family Vineyards Megahertz Cabernet Sauvignon

[grape]

Woot sent a bottle of this for me to try over the weekend. I should preface this by saying that reds are not my favorite. I enjoy a nice mix or Merlot from time to time, but I really prefer whites.

I could smell berries, but not taste them at all. I noticed on reviews elsewhere that most people do. To me, the tannins were very noticeable - probably medium to high, not low as the reviews seem to indicate.

Paired a couple glasses with a nice sirloin. It was decent, but really didn’t come across as much different from the average red to me.

I tried it with some Beecher’s Just Jack later that night, and that worked out MUCH better. It went together quite nicely.

All in all, it’s not bad, horses are cool, and I’d happily drink it if offered to me. But I wouldn’t go out of my way to find it.

Just checking that there’s no NY, since we’re almost always on the shipping list. Seem odd that Bello wouldn’t have a NY license.

We were just in Napa, and tasted at Peju and St. Supery- Bello Family Vineyards is the next winery on Rt. 29. It would be fun to pick this up at this price (usually a $50 release, I think, now selling for $24.99 online) since we just drove right by the winery.

Double checked, no NY. Sorry.

Thanks. Too bad…

Bello built a tasting room in St. Helena, California, but the building now houses former BB great Yao Ming’s Yao Family Wines.

Local buzz was Bello wasn’t paying his bills. Not necessarily a reflection on the wine’s taste, just a sidetone.

Wow- NY is always “in” from almost everyone.
Oh well - a very good price-too bad

I see “Sold by: Veedercrest Estates” obviously they do not have a NT license

yea, NY was a late scratch. you won’t find many “daily’s” without NY very often I can assure you.

All tasting notes for this wine have been cross posted into CT under user name wine.woot_taster. User names have been removed to protect the guilty. PM me if you want your tasting note removed or user name added back.

Thanks and back to the wineing.