Belly-up™ Athlon XP 2500 Complete System

Welcome to the Belly-up™ Athlon XP 2500 Complete System topic page for Monday, May 30th. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.

A WOOT SALUTE™!!! Remembering all those great Americans who paid the ultimate sacrifice to keep our country free.

No special comment tonight except that we should truly pay our respects to those who were willing to make the ultimate sacrifice so that we may enjoy the many great freedoms of this great country!

Oh yeah… great deal tonight :slight_smile: NICE SYSTEM!!! NICE SPECS!!! This wills sell out quick!!

www.whatsyourdeal.com … Great Deals, coupon codes and freebies.

Belly-up™ Athlon XP 2500 Complete System
Who let the DOS out? Woot. Woot, Woot, Woot, Woot.
$349.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling

Ah, the feral beast capitalism, red in tooth and claw, as indifferent to human suffering as a college Republican! In the tech sectors, where she freely marauds, her caprice makes some men richer than Hutts—and razes the fortunes of others.

So it was for the poor suckers at Northgate Computer: this now-defunct manufacturer tangled with the tamandua and got the tongue, and not in a good way. Here’s the silver lining: Northgate’s demise left some choice inventory in the hands of the friendly neighborhood debt reclamation team. Sure, Bill Gates’s goon squad grabbed the unpaid-for OSs and COAs before the Northgate shareholders’ body was cold—but we happen to know a few folks who could use a defunct manufacturer’s athlon system sans operating system. Don’t we? We think we do. We could be wrong.

Driven by a blazing Athlon XP2500 processor, this system packs 512MB of system memory and a 80GB hard drive to give you ample storage space for your favorite files and applications. Watch those sick movies you’re into, burn your own CDs, or access large data sets with the integrated DVD-ROM/CD-RW combination drive. This puppy even has a built in 6-in-1 media card reader so you can easily transfer images from your digital camera’s flash card to your computer or MP3s to your MP3 player.

You only get savings like these as the result of other people’s misfortunes, be they bankruptcies, police seizures or child labor. We consulted a guy we know who took an undergraduate Ethics class, and he assured us it’s OK to gain from Northgate’s misery as long as you don’t get too smug about it. Remember: if you have to go to the hospital for three or four days, this computer will probably be right back in the greedy clutches of the same repo men who cleaned out Northgate.

Specifications:
Condition: New, Brown Box
Warranty: 6 Month Woot! Warranty
Processor: AMD Athlon XP2500
System memory: 512MB
Hard drive: 80GB 7200rpm
Optical drive: DVD-ROM/CD-RW
6-in-1 Media Card reader
Network: 10/100
Modem: 56k V.92
Video: Unichrome 8x AGP 32MB shared RAM
Mouse: 3 button optical (wired)
Keyboard: 101-key multimedia (wired)
Audio: CODEC V@.2 w/ 5.1 support, 2.0 speaker system
Ports: four USB 2.0, microphone, speakers, serial
Monitor 17” Flat Screen CRT .25 dot pitch, 1280×1024
Expansion: 1 AGP, 3 PCI slots
No Operating System
Note: monitors and mice may differ in appearance from the image above but the specifications are all the same

WOW!!!

Eh, not a bad deal…but without an operating system is a bit pricey in my opinion. Then again, I build my own. If you don’t, it’s reasonable.

Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation’s service.
Memorial Day was officially proclaimed on 5 May 1868 by General John Logan, national commander of the Grand Army of the Republic, in his General Order No. 11, and was first observed on 30 May 1868, when flowers were placed on the graves of Union and Confederate soldiers at Arlington National Cemetery. The first state to officially recognize the holiday was New York in 1873. By 1890 it was recognized by all of the northern states. The South refused to acknowledge the day, honoring their dead on separate days until after World War I (when the holiday changed from honoring just those who died fighting in the Civil War to honoring Americans who died fighting in any war). It is now celebrated in almost every State on the last Monday in May (passed by Congress with the National Holiday Act of 1971 (P.L. 90 - 363) to ensure a three day weekend for Federal holidays), though several southern states have an additional separate day for honoring the Confederate war dead: January 19 in Texas, April 26 in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and Mississippi; May 10 in South Carolina; and June 3 (Jefferson Davis’ birthday) in Louisiana and Tennessee.
[size=18:03fb5de95d][color=blue:03fb5de95d]Be the first to honor your state’s Heroes by posting your state flag tonight and remember those that are still fighting for our freedom everyday[/color][/size:03fb5de95d] 8)

Mine is Ohio:

Awesome! I am going to be out of town, so I had to have this shipped to my kid brother. He’ll just have to bring it to me when he comes to visit. It’s a GREAT deal, so long as my mother doesn’t try to steal the monitor…

I DON’T WANT THIS!

I want HARD DRIVES!!! LOTS OF HARD DRIVES!!!

I still haven’t received my MP3 Player…

ARIZONA

Nice machine, too bad dont need at the moment.

Good job woot!

Oh well time 4 bed

WOOT

interesting… but maybe another time

not too shabby… but will pass

Wow. A whole system, huh? Forget buying the components one at a time on Woot.

Or, maybe this will give me a nice machine to practice installing all the components I can buy here…

http://bottom-feeder.blogspot.com <–my personal blog

nice :smiley:

First page
hah

blah theres nothing fulfilling about it

[color=blue:0bf2932add][size=24:0bf2932add]boring[/size:0bf2932add][/color]

[quote user=“Woody1”]Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation’s service.
Memorial Day was officially proclaimed on 5 May 1868 by General John Logan, national commander of the Grand Army of the Republic, in his General Order No. 11, and was first observed on 30 May 1868, when flowers were placed on the graves of Union and Confederate soldiers at Arlington National Cemetery. The first state to officially recognize the holiday was New York in 1873. By 1890 it was recognized by all of the northern states. The South refused to acknowledge the day, honoring their dead on separate days until after World War I (when the holiday changed from honoring just those who died fighting in the Civil War to honoring Americans who died fighting in any war). It is now celebrated in almost every State on the last Monday in May (passed by Congress with the National Holiday Act of 1971 (P.L. 90 - 363) to ensure a three day weekend for Federal holidays), though several southern states have an additional separate day for honoring the Confederate war dead: January 19 in Texas, April 26 in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and Mississippi; May 10 in South Carolina; and June 3 (Jefferson Davis’ birthday) in Louisiana and Tennessee.
[size=18:3def7d33c0][color=blue:3def7d33c0]Be the first to honor your states heros by posting your state flag tonight and remember those that are still fighting for our freedom everyday[/color][/size:3def7d33c0] 8)

Mine is Ohio:[/quote]

Well stated!! Thanks!!

Sorry, woot. Lame. Too high! :shock:

Some of the specs aren’t bad. The rest make me wince.

I’ll pass, but I’m sure someone will give this comp a good home!

ETA:

And w00t! Made it onto the first page. Neat :smiley:

Happy Memorial Day all, my thoughts are with those families who have lost someone in combat.

So does this come with windows XP?

POS, no thanks…

It says no OS included…