Benjamin .22 Cal Nitro Piston AirRifle & Scope

Just send it to me after than

Strange how the states/district containing the cities with the highest yearly murder rates (Chicago, Detroit, D.C.) won’t allow an air rifle to be shipped to them.

No, I just checked. You can shoot your umbrella almost anywhere in San Lorenzo.

Yep highest murder rates in the nation and the most restrictive gun laws…whats wrong with that picture…

Finally! Nitro piston!! Quieter than a spring powered rifle and good power. Great design and great price! Way to go Woot!

Woot should offer a kid’s toy of the quality you would find in a McDonalds Happy Meal for those of us in states or cities where our dear leaders have restricted our rights to such devices.

Yea, but a week or so ago when Woot was banging out all those .177-caliber air rifles, all anyone could clamor for was .22 caliber…

Does anyone know how this compares to the Gamo .177 that Woot puts up a lot? Bought of those for the 11 year old to play with, but the break bar was too difficult for her.

Is this break bar easier or harder?

Living in Kaliforniastan I am “shocked” that this will ship here.

I might buy one just because I can. Surely tomorrow a new law will pass preventing this purchase.

It’ll be about the same. She might have an easier time if she taps the barrel to break it open then pulls it down. The difficulty in cocking is derived by the power these rifles have. Although it has a lesser velocity it’s still supplying similar pressure as the .177 to force the larger projectile out at a lesser speed. Because of this larger projectile size the rifle will have more muzzle energy and be a more dangerous gun. You might should look for something less powerful, like an airsoft gun.

I LOVE Benjamin rifles. They are, IMHO, much better quality rifles than equavalent Gamo rifles.

Now, if Woot! only took cash so my wife wouldn’t know I bought another gun.

I think we’re all a bit stunned they actually listened.

Thanks Woot!

Thanks for the help. She could “break” it, but couldn’t get it fully cocked without help. She has a .22, but since this is backyard shootable, no cleaning, and ammo isn’t 10x what it should be trying to find an alternative. So if this one is no better I guess I’ll keep looking, unless I convince myself I might need one…

Finally something a little more substantial, but alas, I already own one. 8^(

An 11yo would be better served with a Gamo Recon or Crosman Raven, as they have a ~18lb cocking effort vs. the 30+ lb of this, and other previous offered high FPS guns. Plus the AW stock on this adds some goodly weight, putting it in the 9lb range scoped.

edit* The airgundepot is a refurb.

Looks like AirGunDepot scooped Woot on the price.

The gun is $15 less, shipping is about $5 more. Net savings of $10.

[MOD: Their refurbished has a 30-day warranty. Our is new with a 1-year warranty]

That is because of the high number of murders in those cities committed with air rifles.

But then people in San Francisco couldn’t get the Happy Meal Toy, because Happy Meals are banned there.

Lichme, if my vote counted for anything you would get a “quality post” for this one.

I have seen some pretty wild claims over accuracy on some of these modest priced air rifles and the video you attached puts that to rest.

Now the total novice in this sport picking out that first air rifle has a factual and demonstrated reference rather than some outlandish claim to go by.

BTW, for those looking for an air rifle, for the price, this is not a bad rifle at all.

A very clear demonstration on how STUPID the New Jersey Law is. Frankly the same goes for the other states that have the same type of law. Let’s see, what did NJ get for their efforts. You still got your rifle so it is now going to be in NJ and at the same time another state got the sales tax! So the score right now is NJ resident 1 and the State of NJ, 0.

BTW, good for you and enjoy your new air rifle :slight_smile:

This rifle is considerably more difficult to c ock than the Gamo rifles. MUCH higher quality, and significantly heavier as well.

All that being said, it is an excellent rifle. (It is NOT a toy by any stretch of the imagination. It can easily pop holes in a wooden privacy fence.)

Nitro piston, 22cal., decent scope. New.

People spoke and Woot listened!