Best excuse for being late to a video conference?

Meetings are generally 98% useless for getting anything done… at least here at my office. I always act like a giant ass in meetings, and it usually works well at getting me “uninvited” to future meetings.

4 Likes

Computer/internet issues. I’ve legit had those problems.

6 Likes

Couldn’t connect

4 Likes

Oh! Sorry. Screen timed out and I

4 Likes

My Screen Time was up and needed to get my parents to ask for more time.

5 Likes

The cat burried my modem
cat box GIF

5 Likes

I was stuck in the Vestibule of Patience.

the sandlot GIF

5 Likes
2 Likes

I love that movie!!

3 Likes

“Sorry I’m late! I was busy getting actual stuff done (instead of wasting my time sitting through another meeting about issues that concern only the purchasing unit and affects my duties in absolutely no way, and I have no idea why it is mandatory that the rest of us attend).”

4 Likes

Too stoned to correctly operate a computer.

pineapple express smoking GIF

3 Likes

“I couldn’t get the [pick one: video / internet / application / log in] to work!” – not necessarily true, but a plausible excuse in a pinch. As is, “I connected early and fell asleep while I was waiting for everyone to join the meeting.”

3 Likes

Forgot pants again. (Admittedly, I usually wear shorts, but it’s the internet, so who knows that anyway?)

3 Likes

We have had 4 or more back to back meetings, some two hours long. We are expected to make guano and retain it. No time designated to have breaks or lunch.

3 Likes

oh, that ship sailed long, long ago.

5 Likes

Never been invited to one, thank goodness.

3 Likes

Best excuse for being late for any business meeting is…”I’m sorry I’m late, but the voices told me I needed to clean my guns.”

2 Likes

“Directly hit by a Category 4 hurricane” seems to have worked pretty well… It was the truth though. :woozy_face:

4 Likes

Yep. Always says “Sorry, I was having connectivity issues.” Alternatively, blame it on the videoconferencing platform. Here one I’ve used: “Had trouble logging on. My computer doesn’t seem to like Microsoft Teams for some reason.”

4 Likes

In olden times, one could simply say “wootoff” and that would be enough.

Now they just laugh at me.

5 Likes