Best lemon-lime soda?

Growing up ginger ale was the soda you got when you were sick in my house. I would’ve killed for a 7-Up.

2 Likes

Not any more, thank goodness. It’s definitely a bit “crisper” feeling now and tastes a little better, too. Though my first citrus soda love as a kid was Mello Yello. It was great discovery as an adult, being able to walk to lunch at Which Wich from my office in downtown Dallas and enjoying a fresh Mello Yello from the fountain. When we moved to VA they opened a Which Wich not far from us and the enjoyment continued, until they closed up shop one day and vanished about three years ago. The rumor was that a new Potbelly opened nearby and forced them under… I call b.s. on that as Potbelly is terrible and doesn’t even come close to comparing to Which Wich. But I digress.

2 Likes

Fresca is actually based on grapefruit, but for all I know they might have slipped lemon and lime into it.

Rather than Lemon-lime, though, I’ll stick to White Birch beer… wintergreen soda

2 Likes

To be honest I saw it on the can back in the 90’s and never touched it again, now I just spent 15mins reading about the controversy on the internet, so thanks for that :smile:
To continue the digression, I went to a WW once and ordered up what was indeed a reasonably tasty (and honestly large enough for 2 meals) sandwich, but the $12.95 (2014 dollars) before drink and chips was a bit of a sticker shock, and the buy 10 get 1 punch card made me laugh with a mental “If I spend $130 dollars on 10 GD sandwich’s I better get f*****k free one…”
There’s not a conveniently located one where I am now, so while I would maybe go back for a 2nd round, there’s other stuff I usually crave more.
Peace!

1 Like