Best NATIONAL fast-food burger

Best NATIONAL fast-food burger

2 Likes

Five guys. Hands down out of the given options. Though, the last time I went to five guys; it was three women running the show …

5 Likes

I know people love Five Guys. But here’s my issue with it (because you asked… right?), the burger has no flavor. I don’t mean the thing as a whole, but if you get a plain burger or cheeseburger, which is how I usually get mine, it has no real taste. It’s bland. I think a good burger should taste good regardless of sauces and toppings. Five Guys just fails that test. And that’s my 2 cents.

11 Likes

Anyone that voted Five Guys is an idiot. Burgers should not be crunchy.

7 Likes

Let’s not make things personal, okay? People have differing opinions but please don’t call each other names. Thanks.

12 Likes

I like Red Robin’s burgers… a long time ago they came with bottomless steak fries… a long time ago…

5 Likes

Mine. Thank you. And, good bye

4 Likes

What-A-Burger. Hands down the best fast food burger I’ve ever had.
Five Guys was trash. Not as bad as In n Out because at least their fries are edible but yeah, completely bland with no real flavor like another commenter said above.

5 Likes

Here’s a fascinating article on why McDonald’s ice cream machines are always “broken”…

4 Likes

I don’t think 5 guys qualifies as Fast Food.
Best burger yes, fast food no.
For the comments on Flavor.
Those flavors are artificial.
Cook out and Burger king use a lot of liquid smoke. You can buy it at most grocery stores.
Wendy’s actually uses a better patty than all but Five Guys. Wendy’s flavor and McDonald’s is just the seasonings, you can put those seasonings on a bun and toast it no meat and it taste just like the burger.
Just imagine…
A little liquid smoke and wendy’s seasoning while a five guys burger is on the grill… Should be perfect.
I think it should be all about the fries and ketchup.

5 Likes

An In-N-Out Double Double 7 high with everything except onions.

4 Likes

Smashburger with maybe cheese, onion and pickle. The crispy exterior adds really adds to the flavor. but doesn’t dry the patty out.

Too many burgers are loaded with so many condiments the meat gets lost in the mess. A good burger should be able to stand on its own.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t call Five Guys a fast food so it’s not far they are in the same category as McD. With that said McD’s is in last place with In-N-Out in first. I would put Smash Burger Five Guys or Bareburger in a division above drive throw fast food.

2 Likes

5 Guys for greasy bland burgers and cold greasy fries we couldn’t even eat—I’d rank them the lowest listed here.

In and Out FTW!

2 Likes

Culver’s

Hands down; case closed.

8 Likes

For me it’s a toss-up between Shake Shack & SmashBurger with SB being my go-to primarily because the closest Shake Shack is about a one hour drive away.

2 Likes

I like Red Robin too, but that’s a sit down restaurant with a waitstaff & full menu, definitely not fast food.
And my local place still does Unlimited Fries (as well as several other alternatives, such as unlimited broccoli or salad), or at least they did pre-pandemic. I haven’t been there in over a year.

https://www.redrobin.com/pages/everyday-value/bottomless/

I do think 5 Guys is close enough to be considered fast food (order at the counter, limited menu, limited seating), but don’t eat there because of all the random peanuts being everywhere :-1:t2:
(maybe they have gotten rid of those since reopening…? That would be lovely, LOL)

2 Likes

Poor ol’ Hardee’s (and Carl’s Jr) got totally left out of the discussion?

6 Likes

Absolutely. And if you’re up north, give Maid-Rite a try (not technically a burger but it comes on a bun.)

2 Likes

Great burger, not National.

1 Like