Best offhanded nickname?

Hero.

index

1 Like

Sport or Bud

1 Like

Biggen, it was a favorite of a friend of mine when I was in the Navy, he called everyone that and sometimes he would call them Hos Biggen for whatever reason.

silicon valley indian GIF

Your Highness. Killer was good “back in the day.” Now, sadly, it conjures up images of malls cordoned off by police tape.

2 Likes

Buddyyy. Spoken like Paul Shore

This.

It’s context and tone of voice. When in doubt or apt to be misconstrued, be civil.
While a minimal effort, it makes for a nicer world for everyone involved.

1 Like

I’m from the South, and I was working with a girl from Kalamazoo, MI some 35+ years ago and something came up about “Bubba”. She said she first encountered the name/nickname talking to a cowboy at a bar and she asked his name. He replied “Bubba”. She said she looked at him and asked “You mean as in BUH, twice???”

To this day, when I hear “Bubba”, this voice goes off in my head (You mean as in BUH, twice?) and often a giggle escapes - I just can’t help it!

5 Likes

NEVER!!! :-1:t5:

1 Like

Princess. Or Turbo. As in ‘Ease up Turbo’.

2 Likes

Chief Crapolla! LOL

Hey uhhhh yoouuuu.

3 Likes

If he had no sword, would he also be disarmed?

1 Like

Tough guy

2 Likes

Sis. Short for sister, girl, lady… I’ve said to guys. I use it when someone is being pushy or in general messing something up and you want them to stop… you’d say, “Now, hold it, Sis!”

2 Likes

Now I cannot get Buh-Buh out of my head either! :boom:

Can’t leave out Bra, as in ‘Gotcha Bra.’ Somewhere, bro fell off.

2 Likes

No, that’s if somebody “took” his sword. If he didn’t have one, he’d be “unarmed.” :slight_smile:

How about when they add “Bob” to a guy’s name or “Lou” to a girl’s name!!!

giphy