Best part of working from home:

I work at an elementary school, so starting on March 16, 2020, we started working from home. Teaching via zoom - O-M-G!!! Only positive side - that beautiful mute all button!

I did get dressed every morning but it was nice not having to physically go in. Although, I did start going in eventually, class was empty, of course, but it was nice to have access to all my “stuff” and not have to lug it home.

The whole getting laundry done while working was really nice, I must admit. As for the commute, I literally live 5 mins from the school.

So, there are pluses and minuses to working from home.

4 Likes

Considered an ‘essential worker,’ I have not gotten to enjoy this phenomenon called ‘work from home.’ It does sound nice, tho.

4 Likes

I love not having to drive as much, etc, but the very best part is having more toddler cuddles!

5 Likes

Probably my better half telling me everything I’ve been doing wrong 16 hours a day vs the 4 hours in the evenings. I have learned so much! Thanks Covid :+1:

4 Likes

No traffic and easy parking.

1 Like

Another plus - my home desk is a much nicer set up than my cubicle at work.

Downside - I do miss the personal contact and interaction of my team mates. Email and Teams are okay, there’s a level of situational spontaneity that just can’t occur in those environments. However, this has also led to a very sharp and welcome decline in the office politics and drama with some of the other co-workers!

2 Likes

By far, it’s pooping at home in peace.

3 Likes

Quick access to my fridge and the freedom to prepare food whenever

1 Like

Zoom has made that an interesting experience for some people.

1 Like

. . .and the pet cuddles and the food and the lack of air pollution in the form of people who wear stong smelling cologne/perfume/lotion and control over the thermostat . . .

3 Likes

Work?

1 Like

Afternoon Delight.

2 Likes

I use the time I would have spent during my 90 minute commute each way playing video games instead.

1 Like

The cat walking across the keyboard.

The cat supervising and micro-managing between naps.

Watching the cat be a cat instead of working.

Singing “Africa” whenever I darn well feel like it.

3 Likes

I totally agree! I wish I could work from home again. We did for the 1st 3 1/2 months, but have been back in the office ever since. I did save enough mileage to cover our vacation that year! I loved the sleep late & work in my PJs. And more: cuddling with my dog while working.
Oh well, I’m retiring in a few months, so I will start saving the mileage & gas soon enough!

2 Likes

Best part of working from home: Don’t know! My boss wants complete micro control of her employees and refuses to allow the accounting department (3 of us) to work from home!!!
Yelling John Krasinski GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

1 Like

All of the above

1 Like

Having a dog on the floor under your desk. I spent the last 15 +/- years of my career working from a home office when not making calls on clients, only having to go into an actual office about once a quarter for regional staff meetings. It was great! No daily commute, I scheduled client visits to avoid rush hour traffic, and when I was in my office I set my own schedule. Plus there’s this:
2009-11-15C-644x300

2 Likes

Started working from home in 2012. When COVID was released I found my office crowded with a wife and a daughter. It was no longer enjoyable at all.

1 Like

Less distractions.

1 Like