Best recent trend that should NEVER come back?

Among the ‘best’ trends of recent history, it’s difficult to find one that ‘should never come back’. I mean, there are plenty of good trends. And there are plenty of trends that should never come back. But finding finding one that is both among ‘the best’ AND ‘should never come back’ is proving difficult.

2 Likes

I’d agree with you with this exception:

2 Likes

Go away TikTok. Please.

1 Like

I hope the rest of the internet doesn’t find out that I was genuinely entertained by this. Please don’t tell.

Be Quiet Season 2 GIF by Martin

1 Like

Knuckle-draggers who label everything that isn’t openly racist and sexist as “woke”-- those clowns get their strings pulled by the Tucker Carlsons of the world because they’re easy marks. Carnivals used to take them for a few bucks every now and then but now there are entire “alternative fact” media companies raking in millions by encouraging brain rot.

6 Likes

Click Bait

You won’t believe these 5 crazy ways to score a BOC!

2 Likes

All the things

dude abides GIF

The mullet.

1 Like

television snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes

Bell bottoms ! And polyester suits

3 Likes

Hiding my mildly pg13 responses to shenanigan polls for inappropriateness

1 Like

Old people complaining about younger generations trends as if they get a vote. Get over yourself. You had a turn.

Animated GIF

1 Like

You whippersnapper kids!

Season 3 GIF by NETFLIX

2 Likes

Cat breading (go South Park!l

I changed my mind…
Social Media!!!
Scourge of us all… the end of consensus.
Stalemated government and sources of useless error prone garbage facts.
(Hey, maybe this will be censored?)

2 Likes

How about brand new jeans with holes already worn into them…robbing me of precious years spent breaking in my beloved pants, but all the while forging a lifelong bond that can never be so easily replaced. But I digress…

2 Likes

Pokémon Go -_-

1 Like

The best recent trend that should never come back is the cancel culture - it started with good intentions, showing support for and solidarity with the victim of some atrocious perpetrators of unacceptable behavior…and then it went off the rails and now is used for any slight bias, real or perceived, that happens to hurt someone’s feelings. Case in point: a bias hotline at NYU. Nope. Not remotely good, or cute, or productive in any way. It needs to go away forever and be replaced with honest communication and productive confrontation, debate, discussion, etc - often referred to as adulting these days.

3 Likes

I don’t even know what that is - so, I’ll take your word for it.

We used to honor common courtesy, tact, kindness, mutual respect, and at least claiming that all men are created equal. Those are personal standards we used to live by. Now we flip it on its head and claim ourselves as the victim regarding “cancel culture” when people object to lack of tact or even displays of bigotry.

It is a broad shift of emphasis to self-centered victimhood by many in our generation rather than what use to be a code of honorable conduct for self.

Our parents did not teach us this.

2 Likes