Best Sci-Fi movie franchise of all time?

Nuf said

3 Likes

Alien? Predator? Aliens vs. Predators?
They managed to take two really stand-out Sci-fi franchises and an amazing comic book series and shoehorn them into a couple very meh movies.
5/10 could be lots better.
At least we got to meet the original Bishop. Not sure that’s a good thing, but… bucket list and all…

When you allow monkeys to interface with a computer system (or type on typewriters for an infinite time, remember that one?), anything can happen. Just be grateful they only broke the laws of mathematics. They could have created a rift in the space-time continuum, like they did in 2350.

3 Likes

According to the Oxford dictionary:

“fiction based on imagined future scientific or technological advances and major social or environmental changes, frequently portraying space or time travel and life on other planets.”

Seems like space fantasy and most dystopian movies would fall under the sci-fi umbrella? Star Wars, Star Trek, Matrix, Hunger Games, Planet of the Apes, Alien, Predator all meet that definition.

Also, seems like they were trying to set us up to say Alien vs Predator in the comments?? Nice try, Woot!, we’re not taking the bait.

1 Like

Firefly yes I know a tv series and movie follow up but it outshines them all in my eyes

3 Likes

I mean, Captain Chaos is sci-fi.

Terminator

6 Likes

I prefer all the movies in the 20,000 Leagues Under the Seaoverse.

Lots of laughs for the people complaining about Star Wars’ SF cred while not acknowledging that Trek has the same problems.

1 Like

StarGate series

3 Likes

Agree with fiction v. fantasy argument. Thank you!

But Star Wars happened long ago… So doesn’t this definition eliminate them?

Blade Runner should be included

9 Likes

Firefly!!!

3 Likes

In no particular order:
The Expanse (yeah, follow-on hasn’t gotten started yet).
Game of Thrones (umm)
Honey, you shrunk the … (no, seriously?)
Back To The Future (anyone?)
Babylon 5 (break-out Toaster special effects)
And there’s More!..

How was this left out of the poll??? Oh wait…probably b/c there was no sequel. Maybe there is still hope?

2 Likes

Hands down back to the future.

1 Like

Back to the future!!! How can that not be listed?

Robocop?
Okay, 2 was a mess and 3 was really bad.

1 Like

The Matrix — hyper reality and powers explained by scientific methods.

3 Likes

Ummm battlestar galactica?

5 Likes