Best Thanksgiving side dish?

Ugh. Yes, my family makes this every year. The ones who like oysters absolutely love it.
Thankfully they make oyster-free dressing and bake it in muffin tins for those of us who don’t like oysters.

2 Likes

As a side dish?

2 Likes

Never had that as a side on Thanksgiving.

1 Like

You are right. I like fried oysters. Not sure I would like the consistency of oysters mixed into stuffing.
An interesting dish I had once decades back with late wife was oyster stuffed steak. Would have preferred them fried that time too.

1 Like

Stuffing, but it’s really the giblet gravy that’s the star of this dish.

2 Likes

The best dish(es) I heard of pre-COVID were from my nephew and his wife volunteering in the local soup kitchen. I didn’t expect either of them (corporate IT folk) to do so, but his sharing time and kindness captures the warmth of the holiday perhaps well. Wonder what they are doing this year. Perhaps food packages for the poor?

3 Likes

Pie is a side dish since it’s made with the vegetable pumpkin. Change my mind!

6 Likes

Lasagna, the clear advantage of growing up in an Italian family was the ever-present Lasagna at every holiday dinner.

6 Likes

PA Dutch Potato Filling. :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

2 Likes

I’m with you! Even though I grew up in Louisiana and Oyster Dressing is quite popular, that is one side you will never find on my table! (I can’t even stand them fried

Now, in addition to a cornbread dressing I’ve sometimes also made a rice dressing. (1st cousin to Dirty Rice - not as much liver in it, lol, so not as “dirty”, so it’s just dressing!)

2 Likes

Chocolate pie.
No pumpkin at my house.
this will be unpopular, I’m sure. But it’s tradition. Sweet-potato pie is excellent, just not a thanksgiving thing for us.

4 Likes

The canned cranberry sauce!

4 Likes

We usually end up with a peanut butter pie along with the pumpkin and pecan ones. Occasionally it’s a chocolate one.

4 Likes

Oogie does a peanut butter pie that is great. But for the holiday she’s only selling pecan and pumpkin.

3 Likes

Rolls!

4 Likes

Cranberry straight from the can, with ridges still showing!

4 Likes

Deviled Eggs

8 Likes

It’s pronounced “dressing”.

3 Likes

Thou art missing out.

3 Likes

I want chocolate pie.

I’ll give some suggested brands.

3 Likes