Best Thanksgiving side dish?

Pumpkins (and all squash) are fruits, not vegetables.

“contain seeds and develops from the flower-producing part of a plant” = fruit

That said,…

8 Likes

It’s similar, like how grape popsicles taste like real grapes. You want to believe, but really it’s two different things.

That’s why box stuffing (any brand) is called “stove top.”

Dressing is the drier stuff baked outside of the bird.
Stuffing is the wetter stuff baked inside the bird.
Stove Top comes from a box. It’s still good, like a popsicle, but its not even close to homemade.

3 Likes

[quote=“moles1138, post:46, topic:902411, full:true”]

That’s how I feel about casserole. I made gluten free baked mac n cheese for a roommate from the East coast who’d never had it and she said she finally understood the phrase “so good it’ll make you want to slap yo mama” :rofl: I told her Celiac’s was no reason she couldn’t enjoy a good Mac n Cheese every once in a while.

1 Like

What about taking the stuff from a box (in my case bag), cook onions and celery and carrots in butter, Then add that to the bag stuff, add in some turkey broth, and use that in and out of the bird?

Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

Best Thanksgiving side dish? Her name was Erica.

3 Likes

I was about to say this is the best part of being an adult, but then I remembered sex. Then, I thought about some of the less memorable sex I’ve had and…it looks like sex is still always going to be the best part.

Must be a box.

Nobody really cares how a person acquires the bread squares.

1 Like

This is fascinating! I don’t like stuffing, but perhaps I’ll try it if it’s made from scratch. I guess I’m more in the dry bread category and I just compensate by adding another dinner roll.

2 Likes

Christmas Eve is for fish.

Ahh, Christmas Eve and communal Lutefisk!

Scandanavian Americans keeping traditions bright, eat more lutefisk than is eaten in Europe!!

Why less in Europe? From the article:

Customer: “What’s this fly doing in my lutefisk?”
Waiter: Sir, I think he’s gagging.

I like fish, but not the kind you are talking about! I shall choose to ignore my Viking ancestry at the holidays.

Some preserved (salted or smoked) fish is mighty tasty. Just not the kind that involves burying it in the ground for months and then trying to reanimate it by soaking it in dilute lye + water.

Must have been really hungry, starving Scandinavians to take back organic fertilizer. Kidding - doubt they would have processed the fish with salt or smoke if they didn’t intend to retrieve it at some point. Similar to Indian pemmican it seems to have been for lean times as well as giving communal thanks for survival of their village during winter.

What do fish know about Christmas?

3 Likes

Food pron