Best type of concert venue?

Didn’t they do that "Autobawn’ song?
That was played a lot on the radio when it came out.

3 Likes

Yes. Autobahn.
Saw it a few years ago in DC. Amazing 3D graphics. Not sure they needed to be there. Even though they do actually play, much of it is just triggering what is on the laptops. Nearly identical to the recordings. Guess the laptops are easier to haul than all their old home built synths. Not much movement by the guys. And now, since Florian has passed, it is only Ralf from the most popular lineup. And they haven’t really released anything new in decades.

2 Likes

Specifically Red Rocks Amphitheater just outside Denver, CO. Gorgeous venue, amazing natural acoustics, and a good size (9000+ capacity) for all kinds of bands.

3 Likes

That looks just plain amazing.

3 Likes

It’s not the venue. It’s the barbarians involved. If it were same venue with Adele, doubt there would be issues.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve been in many a mosh pit (or at least the fringes) and there is an etiquette despite outward appearances. Someone falls, you help them up. When there is an asshat out there being a bully, they get shut down.

1 Like

Sadly that did not happen. There are active lookbacks at the performer’s past performances with allegations of encouraging surges. I have no opinion if he did or did not. Just reporting what is in print as investigation in progress.

1 Like

Usually into the live experience, but now aquired a taste for Streaming!:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I’ve never been a fan of paying to be part of an outdoor crowd with people bumping into me. I’ll take a nice small to medium indoor venue where I’ve paid for my own little space (seat). Different strokes for different folks, and thats what works for me.

1 Like