Best way to eat shrimps?

Best way to eat shrimps?

dinner shrimp GIF by Outback Steakhouse

2 Likes

Singular and plural it’s still just shrimp :fried_shrimp::fried_shrimp::fried_shrimp:. No damn S!!! I grew up in Louisiana and that just irks me to no end.

11 Likes

I googled it and you apparently misspelled it twice. “Underwater cockroaches” only has 1 S in it.

6 Likes

Whole

3 Likes

Preferably deveined

5 Likes

They are bait. Not for human consumption. You use them to catch food.

1 Like

Bacon-wrapped with jalapeno and grilled

3 Likes

When an S is added to the end, you must pronounce the H with a K sound.

5 Likes

GIF by Capital One

4 Likes

with someone else’s mouth

1 Like

Ditto!!!

Devein shrimp.Bring a small stockpot of water to a boil ,season generously with salt. Add onion, parsley, celery, bay leaf, wine, and peppercorns. Squeeze juice from lemons into pot, then add lemons. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10–15 minutes. Return to a rolling boil. Add shrimp, cover pot, and remove from heat. Let stand just until shrimp are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Set shrimp in ice bath until cooled. When cooled peel shrimp.

This recipe with JUMBO shrimp is the best I have ever had.
All that flavor in the pot is imparted on the shrimp and it is wonderful!

2 Likes

Cooked.

3 Likes

By the shovelful.

3 Likes

Hey Mortimer! I’m from N’Awlins, and they are not called ‘shrimps!’ They are shrimp, no plural! You can have Jumbo shrimp, large shrimp, medium shrimp, or small shrimp. I love them every way you had listed, but some of the best are shrimp and grits, shrimp & seafood gumbo, shrimp creole, shrimp Po boy, and my personal favorite, BBQ shrimp! The BBQ shrimp has no BBQ sauce in it. You make your own sauce and you eat them with French bread to soak up all the extra juices. Best eaten with short sleeves on because the sauce runs down your arms. But it’s okay, because everyone else at the table eats them the same way. Best served with rolls of paper towels on the table! Eat up y’all! :shrimp::fried_shrimp:

6 Likes

Me too! New Orleans here! I hate when I hear shrimp with an s at the end too! Drives me crazy!

5 Likes

throw toss GIF by South Park

3 Likes

I love shrimps.

:fried_shrimp:

All the shrimps.

4 Likes

Shrimp & Grits!

3 Likes