Best word processing software?

Best word processing software?

1 Like

I don’t see vi listed as an option here, that’s my vote,

8 Likes

The best has always been — and still is — Corel’s WordPerfect. Hrumph.

19 Likes

At least until someone steals your WordPerfect function key template!

8 Likes

Thank God you ain’t one of them vim people… oh wait… I’M one of those vim people! Honestly, though, I use do use vi, but only after I’ve installed vim. For some reason, that affects the way that the keystrokes work in vi.

2 Likes

What? No LibreOffice Writer? I see on which side of the open source spectrum y’all are standin’…

14 Likes

Google Docs!

7 Likes

Latex

3 Likes

Easy Script on a Commodore 64.

6 Likes

Wordstar was fun to use waaaaaay back in the day. Edlin was the worst, vi has unique features. Wordperfect BC (Before Corel) was the best at the time. Lotus made networking for Novel Networks easy to share files. I still use office 97 because it has real menus and keyboard shortcuts.

7 Likes

OpenOffice Writer

9 Likes

WordStar

1 Like

Google Docs, I also really liked Word Perfect when I was in college.

2 Likes

Um, you couldn’t memorize the six functions you actually used?

I still remember F7 was indent whole paragraph. When I switched to MS Word that became spell check.

1 Like

Let’s get real here. My company used word perfect for years then switched to MS WORD it was around 2004 and converting these templates over was tedious

I still have them somewhere on cd or 3.5 floppies

Anyone tried conversion lately?
Is it more accurate and automatic than before…

Asking for MEEEEEE!

1 Like

Pen & paper.
:pen: :page_facing_up:

5 Likes

Really depends. I love Notepad++ for several things. But overall I use word more often.

3 Likes

Try LibreOffice. It’s basically a modern (i.e., updated regularly) clone of Office without the ribbon. I find it the least annoying to use. And it’s free.

8 Likes

I use notepad all the time. It’s fast and simple. At least until my computer decides to automatically reboot. :frowning:

1 Like

I still miss WordPerfect. We transitioned to MSWord years ago, and I’m still not as comfortable with it as I was with WP. MSWord still tries to act like it knows what I want, and sometimes I have to fight it to make it format the way I actually want it to, instead of being ‘intuitive.’ Sigh.

5 Likes