Better Homes & Theaters

you’re not a customer…you said it yourself. and even if you decide to be the cost/benefit for what seems to be a fairly high maintenance relationship would make me want to refer you to my competition. But I don’t work for Pinnacle, so they may chose to return the call. :slight_smile:

The MB11500+ the complaint you linked to refers to is the BD series. I actually ordered the exact set a few weeks ago in the Aug 26th sale. I’m looking at the beautiful piano finish now, and just finished listened to the 5.1 sound through my woot refurbed onkyo receiver. on my refurbed vizio mounted on the (ugh) moster wall mount running though the hdmi cable - all though woot. Seems to be working well over here. It looks and sounds great. Arin was wonderful in supporting all of my Pinnacle purchases, and actually in my designing - including components that weren’t Pinnacle. Maybe you weren’t nice. ?

I am trying to plan work on setting up my media room. After seeing the support Arin provides here 1 thing I have decided is pinnacle will be the only speakers I use. Found those complaints hard to believe.

That’s one way to go, but for people concerned about space and running wires I would go with a pair of decent bookshelf speakers with eight-inch woofers and a small stereo amp for under $200.

It won’t be surround, but a sound bar won’t be, either, and it will sound a lot better.

There is no “high maintenance” if there is no problem or issues. duh… I’m not a troublemaker. If I have an issue, I EXPECT it to be taken care of promptly. That is the American way.

I’m a savvy consumer who checks out the vendor, product, and manufacturer before spending MY money and that includes making a tech call to see how the service is and whether it comes from another incompetent tool from India or a well informed employee from Boston.

You do know that if you need to send something back you pay for postage one way?

Yesterday I bought a soundbar from a local vendor. It is an Energy by Klipsch bar, an old well established reputable company that is known for its excellent high end sound products. Sounds good but the Learning Remote will not learn anything other than the Mute mode. The soundbar goes back for a full refund…

Hi Arin, I posted this at the previous offer’s blog and never got an answer. For the QP9W PWRBAR the published Woot specs call for:
Frequency Range: Low: 48 Hz, High: 31 kHz

-6dB or -3dB on that frequency range spec?

There is no information on this bar at your website.

Thanks!

Yeah, you go girl. (Is Arin female?)

Being a preferred brand of professional installers is not something to brag about. Contractors and installers of all types are notorious for choosing cheaper “contractor grade” products, to lower their materials cost and raise their profit margin. Anyone who has bought a generic subdivision house knows all about that. After a few years you start to see all the cheap parts failing that the subcontractors used. I’m sure professional audio installers are the same way. They prefer the brands that give them the best installer discount, not the ones with the best quality. I have four Pinnacle speakers in my TV room right now. I’ll go back to what I said earlier. They’re pretty good speakers at a great price. But don’t brag about being a preferred brand of audio installers. I would keep that on the down low.

Hi, the Frequency range Spec is - 6 Db. Frequency RESPONSE specs are - 3db.

Thanks, so I will edit the comment: Pinnacle is the Preferred HIGH END brand of speakers for knowledgeable custom home installers who care about superb quality for their audiophile customers!

Since I can’t find the ‘response’ specs on that unit, what is it please? Woot has it as range which for me is the same thing as ‘response’.

Thanks

[QUOTE=blipper67, post:20, topic:395259]
Really? That really is a stretch Arin.[/quote

Ok guys, what REALLY is the problem? I am pleased to hand out my own personal direct line to address whatever this is? Please email info@pinnaclespeakers.com and ask for my phone # and I will give you my personal direct phone # so we can get to the bottom of whatever this is. No one ever calls Pinnacle support which is in FLORIDA, and gets ignored, NEVER NEVER EVER!

Hello,full Frequency response is 52Hz - 22Khz - 3DB

Thank you. If you have any questions or need any guidance please ask and I will do my best to answer. I a checking the forum periodically this weekend so I will get back to you.

Might we recommend QP9 PWRBR which is our highest end SOUNDBAR with bass down to the low 50 HZ range at - 3db. As good and better than many small bookshelf speakers. It also has a sub-out input so you can easily add a powered subwoofer just by running a cable to the SOUNDBAR. We suggest QP9W PWRBR and Baby Boomer as an amazing music or TV sound System! In a larger room PSSUB 225 as the subwoofer. The depth and clarity of these 2.1 system options will amaze. QP9W PWRBR is brand new,our best SOUNDBAR just shipped last month

hello, Arin.

Please let me know the electric power spec of your PBAR 6200 Soundbar. Can I use it in 220VAC 60Hz without voltage converter?

Thank you in advance. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

How are your engineers getting that low of a response with 3" speakers? Good bass extension is all about cone mass moving A LOT of air using rather large drivers. What kind of alignment are they using?

Thanks for your patience!

Well, good question but they are all musicians in our engineering department and Rich, the President and chief of engineering is a drummer and bass expert. He owns several US patents and one in particular for a patented port that delivers far more bass in a compact cabinet. Having said all that, this item is brand new, and has a fairly large internal volume to assist in bass. The drivers are either woofers or mid-bass drivers. We typically can derive far more bass in our designs than others given a cabinet and driver size. And that achievement has been a trademark of our company. So, I really do not know how they do what they do, they just do.

I see you asked about drive alignment. Each channel uses dual 3" woofers and a tweeter. The cone mass of dual 3" drivers is about the equivalent of a 5" driver. I am not an engineer, but I believe the dual woofer configuration with a high powered amp ad large internal volume all combine to get the bass result.

Monday I can check with R/D and see if they have anything to add.
Also note, since you do seem knowledgeable, the volume of bass is also relevant. I do not know the SPL (db level at 52 Hz, perhaps the real audible range is a bit higher. I hope this helps. Also, the QP9W PWRBAR does have remote learning, a feature I see was not part of an Energy product you purchased and returned.

Hi,as long as you use the adapter for 220V you are OK. Best to check the exact voltage for the country you intend to use it in and get the right adapter.

I see, you will need an adapter for 220V