BFG 6800 Overclocked 128MB AGP Video Card

DANG!!! Just bought Video Card…Day Late and 154.99 short.

Little more board for a little less money would be better…Woot still rocks

3 FOR ME …naah just one,mr woot

video card…what next…speaker?

Dude, it’s got dual blue LED lights! What more do you need to know?

I’ll strongly consider it. Nice woot though.

one of the best card

great card for a great price. i’d hit it, but i already have it. :slight_smile:

i reccomend. this has gotta be Nvidia’s best mid-range card.

Bleh. Only 128mb, not pci express… and wtf are they talking about when they say overclocked. Very mis-leading since I highly doubt the card will come overclocked.

well - its different. i bet this thing is fast. hmmmm anyone own this? have experiences with it?

not bad what a shame just bought a new card.

Sorry guys, but i have to say, as a know a lot on vid cards, this is not worth the price, maybe around 100 $ or if it was faster, and or had 128 bit, or had 256mg, other wise, it’s not really worth the money.

Crap!
I really wanted this but I didn’t have enough money on my debit card!!!
Arggghhh!!!
C.G.

I own this card, I paid 100 more dollars for it about a year ago. It’s a sweet card!

Not only is it stock overclocked but you can push it higher. You should be able to softmod it with RivaTuner to 16 pipelines and open up more shaders too.

The card will run ~390 Core Clock and ~781 Memory clock.

It’s a kickass card for the money. Especially for this money!

ooooh la la…great WOOT, too much money! Night All.

It does come overclocked. The boost they give to the core speed and mem speed are modest at best, as I think it’s got an extra 25 megahertz on the stock card. But it isn’t misleading. It is OCed.

Is it worth it? I doubt it.

EDIT: As I suspected. 6800 128mb non-LE AGP cards are availalbe all over pricewatch in the $150-160 range, granted they are not BFG cards with awesome lifetime warranties and they are not OC from the factory, but this is definitely not a great woot.

A much better woot would be a radeon X850XT PE for about $300. That’s pretty much the best agp card available until something new is released, which is unlikely for agp as PCI-e is already moving towards extinction (intel announced PCI-e II, but at least it’s supposed to be backwards compatible).

In short, if you don’t have a high end AGP video card that makes you keep buying AGP age parts, don’t buy this!

Wow how do ppl not know about the OC version?

Its just another release of the card with slightely higher mhz on the core and memory…10-25 max I believe.

Still though, you can find them cheaper off ebay, not tonight woot…

EDIT - yeah if you look at the spec the core is running at 350 mhz whereas the normal 6800 is only at 325.

well … late for two days … I just got one

GeForce 6600 8x AGP / 256MB DDR ( VGA + DVI +HDTV/S-Video Outputs)

Specifications
NVIDIA® CineFX™ 3.0 Engine
Superscalar GPU architecture
300MHz core clock
128-bit DDR memory interface
500MHz memory data rate
8.0 GB/sec. memory bandwidth
2.4 billion texels/sec. fill rate
225 million vertices/sec. setup
8 pixels per clock (peak)
16 textures per pixel (max in a single rendering pass)
Dual 400MHz RAMDACs
Maximum display resolution 2048 x 1536 @ 85Hz
Flat-panel display support with resolutions up to 1920 x 1200

Minimum System Requirements
Intel Pentium® III, AMD Duron™ or Athlon™ class processor or higher
128MB system RAM
A 300W system power supply
An AGP 2.0 (or higher) compliant motherboard
50MB of available hard disk space
CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
Microsoft® Windows® 98, ME, 2000, XP, or Windows® NT4.0 (Service Pack 6)
VGA or DVI-I compatible monitor

Package Contains
NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6600 AGP 8X Graphics Card
Quick Installation Guide
CD which includes:
Detailed Installation Guide (PDF file)
NVIDIA® Forceware™ drivers
Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c
NVIDIA® GeForce™ demos
PNY® and NVIDIA® Desktop Wallpapers
DVI-to-VGA adapter
HDTV-out breakout pod
S-video cable

Price $184.99 + Tax

I hope it was a good deal

I have this card as well.

Quite a nice card, will play all of the latest games with most graphical options turned to high.

I would recommend this card (especially at this price) for anyone with an AGP motherboard that’s looking to make one more upgrade on their current system. You could spend more on an AGP video card, but I would think you would be better off saving it for a better PCI Express card when you upgrade your system down the line.

As someone has pointed out, this is a 12 pipeline card. The 6800 comes with 4 pipelines disabled from the factory. There is software you can run to unlock these pipelines and attempt to re-enable them. This works fine on some cards, doesn’t work on others.

Mine personally unlocked just fine. It also happens to overclock to close to 500 mhz core, which makes it quite a nice card. At that point, the memory is all that slows you down.