Big Boss Oil-less 16-Quart Air Fryer

Big Boss Oil-less 16-Quart Air Fryer

NOT an air fryer. It’s huge, heavy, unwieldy, and has too wide and open a cooking area to work as an air fryer. I was never more disappointed by a Woot purchase, and THAT is saying something. (Iirc, the packaging does NOT say “air fryer”.)

I have a similar model. Cooking fries and heating up pizza is a fail. Cooking brats (bacon wrapped), hot dogs, and burgers is fine. I cook whole chickens in mine and am happy with the results. Whole ears of corn come out nice as well. Like the previous poster said - this is not a fryer, air or otherwise.

Don’t do it… the thing is garbage, purchased 2 previously, one as gift one for self.

Would never get up to temp, couldn’t cook anything in it, embarrassed I gave one to someone.

1 Like

I’m taking your advice. I was going to ask how many chicken wings I could do in a batch, but … never mind if they won’t get crispy.

I cook chicken wings in mine all the time and they come out crispy. It will cook a couple of dozen depending on the size of the wings.

1 Like

I bought one awhile back from Woot and cooked chicken thighs in it once and they came out crunchy on the outside, juicy on the inside. Since then, I use it a couple of times a week to bake mini-pies. I’d assembled about 50 5- inch apple pies and froze them. I thaw them in the fridge, pop two in the “air-fryer” for about 13 minutes and they come out perfect. It does take up a great deal of real estate, but I keep it in the pantry when not in use.

This looks suspiciously like the Nu-Wave ovens that I used to see on the TV commercials.

https://www.amazon.com/Nu-wave-Pro-Digital-Black-Oven/dp/B003IBJY32

Just saying…