Big Game

Oh my goodness, check out the face of the ‘Man on the Moon.’ I believe he’s had some psychedelic drugs!!

Drugs are bad (for you and big birdies, Mmmmkay)! I mean, look what happened to Dick Cheney, for crying out loud!

Did I miss some kind of huge resurgance in the popularity of Muppets/Sesame Street? -scratches head- I’m starting to feel how my mom felt when bellbottoms came back into style.

I imagine that hunter is going to need a bigger ‘man den’ for the mounting of such a egregious trophy!

Omgosh, did they ever go out of style?!

And for the record, I have a hedgehog named ‘Snuffleupagus,’ as she likes to snuffle around.

LOL I agree. The dog just seems awkwardly out of place.

Nothing about this shirt seems harmonious… it’s as if the characters don’t belong with each other on the same shirt, and why’s the dog pointing in a completely different direction? Did he find another Muppet for his master to shoot? And another thing…

Sherlock looks like he’s getting a little old and senile, or is just as at annoyed ‘Sunny Days…’ as I am. When, oh when, will my children outrow oversized puppets?

Now if we can just get Holmes to take out Barney, and we’re in business.

kids sizes? my youngster could wear this to daycare…

Actually, he would more likely be using birdshot. Your joke would still work, and people like me will be happy.

This was clearly no hunting accident… Look at the size of that bird! And so close! It had to be self-defense.

The thing that bothers me about big bird is the way the puppeteer is inside him. He can only move the mouth and one arm and is always bent over. (now your going to go to youtube and watch) The other arm is done with green screen or editing. Its always weird-ed me out on some level.

My childhood is riddled with nightmares of the count, cookie monster and the big yellow freak bird.

I can still remember the nightmares … 35 years later.

I almost bought this immediately just for the dog. Then I noticed that it was Big Bird and that ruined it. And the dog’s lifted paw looks really weird.

But all that aside, I still kind of like it. So I’m going to sleep on it.

But…more dog shirts please!

Does anyone else see the subtle innuendo that this shirt is “flipping the bird?”

my good friend, kermit love, was the creator of the original big bird. sadly, he passed away nearly two years ago. i know he would have gotten a kick out of this design. he had a great sense of humor when it came to the characters he had worked so hard on and loved so much.

now that i look more closely at the design, the white bearded hunter kind of reminds me of kermit. he did mention to me, on more than one occasion, a preference for the big bird from the 70s over the one that’s currently on sesame street…

…not that that means anything. O=)

His aim isn’t the best, I see a chunk of the moon missing.

both arms are actually controlled by the puppeteer’s left arm via a wire that runs through a fixed point on big bird’s neck. that’s why one arm is always moving up as the other is moving down and the other way around. =)

“condition: snuff-y”

Easily the best condition in a long damn time.

… I never knew that… … It take talent to operate that thing with you hand up in the air all day.

Within a minute or so, we’re expecting to see One, yes ‘One’ Hunter and ‘One’ Hunting Dog trampled under the feet of ‘One’ enraged Mr. Snuffleupagus.

The dog is clearly useless because you don’t exactly have to flush Big Bird out of the reeds to see him. That and the dog is looking backwards so he’s either blind or a BOC.