Big Screen TVs

65 inches of anything for under $2k is a steal.

The newest model of that 65" Samsung (which is curved, UN65H8000) will run you $2699. So you’re getting about a 25% discount for refurb / older model.

That said, if you just want the best price, Newegg will sell you the same tv here(also as a refurb) for $25 less.

Keep in mind that this the 2-year-old 2012 model, and has a dual-core processor. The 2013 model has a quad-core processor. The 2014 model has a curved screen.

am i crazy or is the Hisense 4K tv $400 cheaper on NewEgg? Model numbers appear to be the same. What am I missing here from the specs?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=Cj0KEQjw3vyeBRDt673h5ZTYrdQBEiQAzhkf8rHOQ8P9fcS5sKQyCJfojNWt5V7rZT-2atkRYKd4kjYaAquW8P8HAQ&Item=N82E16889290023&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-LED+TV-_-N82E16889290023&ef_id=U2jDmgAABcKRjpW3:20140805012659:s

And also here NEW at cotsco for 200 cheaper with free ship…wtF?
http://www.costco.com//.product.100087504.html?utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=SearchVoice&utm_source=RatingsAndReviews&utm_content=Default

Found the Samsung 55" 6300 series refurbed at TigerDirect for much less. After rebate only $600 vs $750 here on woot.

TigerDirect link

EDIT: shipping shows $100 for me from TigerDirect but factoring in that it would still be $55 cheaper then Woot.

Is there a manufacture warranty on the Samsung 55 refurb?

[MOD: Warranty is stated at the bottom of the Features tab.]

For the VIZIO E480I-B2 the refurbished state is “like new”, “very good” or a mix of both?

Regards, Mike.

Here’s our definition for refurbished and factory reconditioned:

Refurbished covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

Lets get this straight about the 90 Limited Warranty supplied by Woot.
You guys offer a 90 day Limited Warranty on a refurbished television.
That’s 90 days from date of purchase and it can take up to 2 weeks or more before we receive the item, so actually it’s not 90 days.
If there is a problem then we have to send the item back at our expense. Sure, you ship the item for $5 but you ship in bulk and your costs are greatly reduced. Don’t deny it.Cost of returns on our end are quite a bit higher. A lot higher.
So it’s basically a TV grab bag. Kind of like Woot Crap. Never know what you’re going to get, but with the Bag of Crap you’re only paying $5 and you can throw the junk in the trash and don’t feel quite as bad.

Having bought 4 refurbs on Woot, @ Vizio 26" and one 32" and a 39" Hisense and zero problems, I’d not hesitate buying one of these.

However, I just did by a 60" Vizio on Amazon for about $820 after all promotions. No tax and free delivery.

These refurbs are overpriced. You can catch the 55 inch vizio elsewhere and save more than $100

The 2014 also comes non-conventional which will save you a bit. I bought one non-conventional because I’m not sold on curved screens outside of massive projection area where you may see distortion on the edges (think IMAX). Not sure how the prior year model stacks up - but the '14 is excellent.

Anyone know what carrier they use to ship the TV. The tracking number link points to FedEx, but I know that number is too short and FedEx said so.

I need to know when it is going to get here so I can have someone home to receive it.

AFTER non-Delivery and the “unrecognized” FedEx Number, at the end of last week nearly two weeks after it was supposedly “shipped”, Woot let me know that it was EFW Trucking.

Today, now over two weeks, EFW called to say that it STILL hadn’t arrived at the shipping point for transfer to me!

It appears to be somewhat fraudulent! Possibly, a ripoff.

Especially since I could have purchased an identical “new” one this weekend at Walmart for $20 more without shipping. Of course, I would have had to pay sales tax (nearly 10%) and pick it up myself.

I have been having issues with my Samsung 55inch since it arrived. I have emailed woot several times and when someone finally replied, two weeks later, they asked me a bunch of questions and then never responded to the answers, that was over a week ago.

Is there some way to get through to woot support? I am a pretty reasonable person but this is getting crazy, three week turn around to even contact someone is terrible.

Totally, I’m sorry for the inconvenience. I’ll escalate your case over to CS in my afternoon report.

Hey- it looks like we never received a response from you- we need the serial number on your television, once we get that, we will be able to process the return.