Big TVs -- But Not Huge

DO NOT buy the Hisense TV. I recently received my second non-working one in a row from Woot. Woot’s customer service sent labels to ship them back.

When I try to buy something I get a message reading: “Oh no! PayPal’s been temporarily disabled, but we know you want your stuff. Please select a different payment method.” I know this probably isn’t the best place to post this but I have not gotten a response from customer service and I would like to purchase something. Can anyone help me fix this issue?

Sorry for any inconvenience, but we’re aware of the issue and working to get PayPal back up and running as soon as possible.

Thank you for the response. I appreciate it.

No problem! Didn’t want to leave you hangin’, thinking we don’t want you to order from us. :slight_smile:

This remote signal thing seems interesting! I use the roku app on my iphone so it’d be even more awesome to be able to control the tv too. heh

I’ve had that problem also all this week trying to order something…and woot just finally got back to me and told me their Pay-pal is disabled…do not no why and they did not elaborate any further as to why…I told them get it up again because I don’t like leaving my credit card no’s online I’d rather pay out with pay-Pal also

I got the Sony 42EX440 for Christmas and was surprised how bright and crisp it is for the MEH tech it uses. It also has great black level and the color is very nice and balanced too after tweaking it a bit.
It has already been discontinued by Sony and pretty sure my family paid 600 for it. Limited inputs and no smart functions but it simply looks awesome and even the viewing angles aren’t that bad either for what it is. If you need a smaller TV and don’t need all the bells and whistles, just a nice looking picture, this is a great set.

Anyone know if this set has an auto-on and a sleep timer? I’ve browsed online and can’t find info.

I bought the “Hisense 42” 1080p LED HDTV, 3 HDMI, 1.5" Profile F42K20E" from Newegg about a week and a half ago for $249.99 + free shipping. I have it mounted in my room as we speak and I love it.

I think YMMV on the Hisense refurbs, but I’ve received two in a row from Woot that stopped working in less than a week.

I think its the shipping department. My first Hisense was through Woot and it had to be taken back because of damages. They had no more in stock so I went to newegg who shipped it a lot better imo, and it is flawless.

Woooooot ship my tv plz and thx. Also, don’t hurt it. Love you.

We always try to handle your items with a little TLC. I ordered and just received a TV from a Woot Off a couple weeks ago. It arrived in perfect condition, and it’s working great!

I have a 37" Sony Bravia LCD 720p that looks and works great but I’ve been thinking of upgrading to something a little larger for a while. The Sony Bravia KDL42EX440 looks really good. I did some poking around on the interwebs for reviews and stuff and here’s what I found.

Amazon is selling this model new for $578.

Tiger Direct is selling it refurbished for $105 more than Woot.

PC Magazine rates it as ‘Good’, giving it 3 1/2 stars.

And finally, a bunch of AV/gamer geeks discuss it’s merits and generally love it on this forum.

I’ll probably buy one. Overall the reviews are pretty good and I don’t care about wifi features and stuff. I already have an Apple TV and a blu-ray player that does all of that so this is looking like a really nice deal.

My only problem with Woot is how long it takes for a status update. I suppose I’m spoiled by Amazon, but I just don’t like how I buy an item Friday and by today there is no status update. Love the products, hate the logistics.

Also, I’ve never bought a TV off of here before and I’ve read too many horror stories about their TV shipping practices and not using an additional thicker cardboard shipping box, just the retail box.

Keep in mind that we sell hundreds of TVs in each event and there are going to be a few problems. You’re seeing the few people posting about problems but not the hundreds of others that are enjoying their TVs with no problems. Our damage rates are really pretty darn low and we’ll do our best to take care of you if something happens.