Bighorn Cellars 1.5L Random 2-Pack

Research information from the winemaker, professional reviewers such as Wine Advocate or Wine Spectator, etc… Or begin learning about fancy technical data such as alcohol percentage, rs, varietal characteristics, and PH if you really want.

edit: I mean I guess ct is a decent “rule of thumb” instrument, but I would take it’s advice with a grain of salt.

If I get 2 do I get all three plus a random fourth ?

You’re right…that should be a respond by PM sort of thing :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I have been let down by professional reviews/estimated drinking windows. Unless they revisit I haven’t found them to be accurate. Your best bet is the latter suggestion, and personal experience with the region and vintage.

It also is a matter of style, whether you prefer full fruit or a more subtle wine. Pretty sure there is a thread out there that touches on this.

Buy enough bottles that you can drink a couple now, then try the others later.

Given the size of these bottles, I found this quote within the description somewhat contradictory:

“It wisely avoids the modern tendency toward excessive size.”

Can’t store and too expensive to make Sangria with - pass.

But hey its random so it is fun. take a shot :wink:

[ yeah not likely for me either ]

Magnums age more slowly than 750ml bottles. Just sayin’…

Regardless of whether or not you trust the drinking window posted on CT, the drinking window (fill in the year) should be longer since these are 1.5L.

I’m in. Could be a great Woot find. Come on '98!

K&L is selling the 1999 coombsville for $20 for the 750. Just FYI.

Before shipping this is roughly consistent with the deal here (20 x2 +tax). Plus large formats are almost always more expensive per liter.

Not to mention that magnums age better (longer aging potential).

If there was a 1997 included in this deal I’d be all over it…not sure about 98-99.

OK bring it on, free shipping the rest of the day

Maybe so, but the deal would have to be better than ‘ok’ or ‘consistent with’ for me to buy this, not knowing what I was going to get.

Just MHO. Maybe next time.

Very interesting offer, but for this kind of dough I want to know what I’m buying.

Might be a clueless question but how is a Winery founded in 2006 (per the Woot details) producing 98/99 vintages?