Bionaire Silent Micathermic Heater

So after pricing this higher than elsewhere, as is now often the norm here, woot! has lowered the price to a fantastic $4.50 cheaper (after shipping costs) than from sellers with arguably better return service if a problem arises. I don’t see a deal.

Any idea how this compared to an oil filled radiator in terms of power usage over time?

One reason I like the oil radiator is that although it takes time to heat up a room, once the room is warm, it maintains it, and when the heater “clicks” off, the unit is still radiating a nice amount of heat. With this product, I am thinking it does not give off heat once the heating element is off, so overall do you think this product would use more energy over a course of 24 hours compared to oil radiator?

1500 Watts on high - how many watts on the low setting?

Does anyone know if there is a light in front that notifies you when the unit is on? I think the older models don’t have this.

Does anyone know how much it costs to run one of these? We have oil filled radiators for heating a mountain cabin and they seem to suck up quite a bit of energy. Are these more efficient? Is there a comparison anywhere you can guide me to?

Thanks, that is what I am using now. It does the trick but does take a while to get warm.

Our kitchen/dining room is probably 300 sq ft

We ran oil-filled in our cabin before I switched over to this (no problem, just wanted to try something different). I didn’t see a bit of difference in the electric bill. Oil heats up slower and cools down slower. This heats up faster, but it cools down faster.

I’ve looked around for the price you suggest you’ve found, and I don’t see it anywhere.

Don’t have high ceilings, but do have a skylight. Any heater is going to have to battle that, though, so I think I’m gonna pull the trigger on this.

BTW, Best Buy says 5118.2 BTUs.

Should be exactly the same as an oil-filled model of equivalent wattage.

All silent (no fan) resistive heaters are 100% efficient, and will use the same amount of power to produce the same number of BTUs in 24 hour period.

11/29 - 1/3 of the heat plates went out in the last couple of days. Time to contact Bionaire now, hope they’re not difficult to work with.