Birthday Questions

Well, I have never had my cards read but have always wanted to do it. Dont say witch, you know they burned people in Salem for that :rofl:. I see you in my inbox with computer talk so we will chat there.

1 Like

Twenty people were eventually executed as witches, but contrary to popular belief, none of the condemned was burned at the stake. In accordance with English law, 19 of the victims of the Salem Witch Trials were instead taken to the infamous Gallows Hill to die by hanging. The elderly Giles Corey, meanwhile, was pressed to death with heavy stones after he refused to enter an innocent or guilty plea. Still more accused sorcerers died in jail while awaiting trial.

The myth of burnings at the stake in Salem is most likely inspired by European witch trials, where execution by fire was a disturbingly common practice

1 Like

There is a joke about combining the two and being leery of night clubs that offer facials… but I am far to classy to make that joke.

stay classy will ferrell GIF

4 Likes
1 Like

I got better

3 Likes

Definitely more than happy to chat further in the PM section about the tarot. :smiley:
As for witch. I dabble. But these days anyone can be considered a witch. Which (ha) isn’t that bad but everyone and their sister will do one spell or one incantation and then decide they’re a full blown witch or something. I started out very VERY young. My biological parents started teaching me about it until they divorced and other crap happened and I wound up getting adopted by my grandparents. Then later on when I was around 13-15 or so I started in on learning and educating myself as much as I possibly could. Over the last couple of years I’ve dropped the ball on practicing due to life circumstances and major depression issues. But honestly I refuse to call myself a witch. I am not part of a coven. I haven’t earned my broom so to speak. Personally I feel it is disrespectful to claim such a title when I merely dabble every now and then anymore.

2 Likes
2 Likes

But she was just a misunderstood, pitiable underdog in revisionist Oz. Poor baby.

1 Like

Hey, what was your final decision? Hopefully, it was an EPIC celebration!!!

Well, I don’t know about that, cause now I never will be able to think of facials on a girls day put kinda way…wait!

Thanks for asking! We went out and had a night of debauchery. It was a blast! However, the 3 days it took to recoup from that night, not so much fun…

1 Like

I know. Knowing the slang usage for innocent words can really mess up your day.
Nothing is more cringe-worthy than a little kid using a term that has a double entendre in an innocent way. You just want to make them stop, but you really can’t.

2 Likes

I have yelled “we don’t pull hair!” And cringed as my husband laughed out loud.

1 Like

There was a book about lies TO tell kids. It was awesome.

Yeah, i would think, keeping a straight face as a parent would be the hardest part of parenting… effective parenting. Lying is part of being a parent… Parents that disagree are laying the ground work for serial killers and people that require MASSIVE therapy.

1 Like

I am going to look for that book. So many lies, Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, best artist, dancer, chef, etc., I could go on for days.

we have to lie to survive!!

1 Like

You so fine.

1 Like

Something like this…
https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/great-lies-to-tell-small-kids_andy-riley/519583
It’s rather sad, though, that they had to write a book about it…
Back in the day, the old folks would just make up stuff on a whim to tell kids…

1 Like