Bissell Deep Clean Lift-Off Blue

This is an awesome machine when new. Foes anybody know how a refurbished model does. And I can’t find any info on why the machine was refurbished. Anyone have an idea, on this topic or experience? Thank you.

I noted a question regarding the 3" tool. No one has confirmed that the tool is in the box. Can anyone actually confirm that it is?

I would also like to know if the machines were all refurbished due to a specific problem

GMF

Thanks! Yes, I always vacuum first. My Dyson Animal and I are pretty tight . . .

thunderthighs answer that question earlier. the tool is included

The tanks lift right out and are pretty easy to rinse out. For small spot clean jobs, I don’t even use the cleanser in the tank - just spray with my pet carpet cleaner spray and use the tank to lift out the mess.

Weight - it’s not heavy, but once the water is in the tanks, it isn’t light either. I lug it around on my stairs a few times a year and it doesn’t get too cumbersome.

A brand new Bissell is $143 (with prime shipping) on the mothership. How is this Woot a deal? Amazon one also includes the little spot tool.

http://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-DeepClean-Essential-Cleaner-8852/dp/B00DBTOVXO

Thats a completely different model. It doesnt have the “lift off” feature.

I decided to buy woot’s Bissel today because my old carpet cleaner weighs a ton and leaks. Its pretty old and the water tank has been held on by a bungie cord for years. I had a separate portable cleaner for cleaning the car or small messes on the run (cat puke usually) but it just stopped working last month. Hopefully this Bissel will mean I can throw away both of the old machines

I have had one of these for almost a year now, its great for spot cleaning, sucking farts out of car seats, cleaning the carpet in your car, and cleaning area rugs. I have only ever used a larger bissel cleaner, and they both did a great job and are comparable. The only downside to this model is that because it’s a lift off the tanks are pretty small so if you use it in a large area you will be refilling and emptying it a lot. But at the same time it has the lift off feature which kind of makes up for it due to how nice it makes it for cleaning out your car. Also this is a great price, im pretty sure these are still like 250.00 new at walmart.

I never thought of sucking farts out of car seats. :meh:

Ew. But then, someone else used it for dog vomit? lol

Woot customer service is terrible. Bought an air compressor and it was missing the air hose. Emailed them twice no response. Going on two weeks. Shame on you Woot.

Sorry to hear that you’re missing a portion of your order.

I’ve gone ahead and forwarded your post and issue along to a Woot CS Representative.

Thank you for your patience while they attend to the matter.

Thank you so much. This may help.
Case # CAS-558829-S6M8J4 has been created Email ID: CRM:0001004

Long term woot customer and I bought something over three weeks ago, they sent me the wrong item. Email customer support about two weeks ago; no response. Emailed a second time last week; still no response (Both emails were confirmed that they were received). What is going on woot, I would hate to stop using this site but this service is unacceptable

Sorry to hear that you received the wrong item.

I’ve gone ahead and forwarded your post and issue along to a Woot CS Representative.

Thank you for your patience while they attend to the matter.

I would also like to ask other folks that if you have a pending issue with Woot Member Services or with any orders please post/create a WoW thread.

Received it on Friday and used it Saturday. Works great and learned how nasty my carpets were (even though I vacuumed and washed before with a crappy washer I had).

A little bit of a pain to clean (have to disassemble stuff like unscrewing the vacuum nozzle and removing the end caps for the brushes) but since it’s not a daily thing it’s not a big deal.

Very nice!

So the Woot ad states this:

Warranty: 3 Years Bissell

Yet there was a very large sticker on the user manual that stated refurbished items only have a 90 days warranty. I wouldn’t have bought if I knew the warranty was only 90 days given the crappy experience I’ve had with other refurbished Woot appliances before.

Edited to add that our machine is also black, not blue (not that I care - just another mistake in the ad).

Thank you for pointing this out.

I’m sorry for the discrepancy in the warranties. We are looking into it now. CS will email when we have a resolution.

This works great! It was easier to use than I thought! It seems to have gotten all the stains that I was concerned about completely out.
It was reconditioned, not dirty at all, but a little hair on the brushes and there was dampness, so if that sort of thing turns you off, buy a brand new one.
It comes right off the frame easy enough for spots, but I haven’t used it like that yet.
It was a god price, did a good job and was not to hard. The carpet dried overnight and feels clean now.
So if you are on the fence, buy it, I’m glad I did.

July 5th 2014: exactly 6 months after it arrived, the spot cleaner hose managed to shear itself off the attachment housing.

That part isn’t available except via an authorized repair dealer (pretty much everything else like gaskets is available here: BISSELL Vacuum Parts | Carpet & Steam Cleaner Parts)

It still works when attached to the upright - which is a more powerful carpet clean, but no good for getting a cat stain off your couch.

May just go get one of these to supplement it:

http://www.bissell.com/spot-lifter-powerbrush-deep-cleaner/