Bissell Garage Pro Wet/Dry Vacuum

I also purchased this the last woot! and am very happy with it. It surely beats dragging a shop vac around on concrete and then getting it caught on tires/etc, not to mention the noise level is much lower since I have mine mounted 15 feet away while I work. The suction is excellent and it is much easier to empty the collection cup vs. lifting off the motor assembly from a regular shop vac and trying to shake a huge container over the trash can.

Two things I do not like so much: First, as stated earlier, the bag for the plastic pieces is kind of lame. A circular bracket around the main unit would be great to clip the accessories to. Second, I wish the unit had the ability to turn on and off from the end of the hose. The only power switch is on the base itself. If I am 20 feet away and just want to stop vacuuming for 30 seconds or so, it would be much more convenient.

Still a great buy and I’d order it again. On another note, Ollie’s seems to be like Big Lots, a closeout merchandiser. In my experience, these stores don’t always get the same items in each of their stores, or have limited stock; also, the nearest one to me is over 50 miles away. Therefore, woot! is a deal, considering I know it is in stock and I didn’t have to spend over $15 in fuel :slight_smile:

I bought this during a previous Woot! for $99 and do not understand how this is a “sellout Woot!” at the same price… I always thought the “sellout” was supposed to be a bit cheaper. But anyway… I absolutely love this vac!!! I told my mom all about it after my purchase and she wanted one. I was hoping it would come back, so today I will be buying another for myself and one for her. I have 5 cats and as anyone who has cats living with him/her knows, the area around the litter boxes becomes a mess with stray litter. I have two huge litter boxes in a spare bedroom closet and mounted this vac on the wall inside the closet. I do not have to drag one my other vacuums in the room now. This took only minutes to mount (used a simple stud finder) and it was up and very sturdy in no time. As others stated this unit is much quieter than other Shop vacs, has a super long hose, and has great suction. I love all the attachment options and the turbo (red beater brush) is great for getting up pet hair. Once it is attched to the wall, it is easily removed from the bracket for use elsewhere. The other day I removed mine for a few minutes to take downstairs to clean lint from around my dryer. Love the super big storage tank. Haven’t used the wet option yet. I wish it came with a shorter hose along with the current one. It is hard to fight the long hose when working close to the unit - as I do when working around the litter boxes. Does anyone know if I can buy a hose somewhere that is shorter and will fit this unit or if I can buy an extra hose for this unit and cut and adapt it?

Ollie’s Bargain Outlet is currently located in 13 states: Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Not where I live though. My shop vac is on rollers and I do like that since I live in a two-story townhouse.

EDIT: BTW, if you are a fan of websites that have things that make noise when you mouse over them, you are going to love Ollies.

Yes, the turbo brush IS included and it is great for getting up animal hair! It is my favorite attachment of them all!

Thank you! The buyer just confirmed it as well so we have two yes answers.

What does it take to convert this to wet suckage? is it a quick, simple process?

Not necessarily cheaper. The FAQ explains it pretty well:

It sounds like Woot is already a closeout store. Can a closeout store have a closeout aisle?
Wheels within wheels, man. Sellout.Woot is - as the name implies - where we sweep out the very last bits of inventory for items that have already had their day in the Woot sun. It’s also the place for deals which we might not have in large enough quantities to feature on Woot, but that were just too good for us to pass up completely. As Woot grows, the weird little deals need a home, too - and so do the weird little deal-hunters. Both are welcome here.

I have an Ollies about 5 minutes from my house. Never went into it though. You just gave me a good excuse!

Thanks!

Ollie’s is a lot of fun. Full of religious books and products, 1980’s store decor (if anyone remembers Crazy Eddie, you’re in for a treat!), and tons of useless crap. It’s honestly one of my favorite places to go just to wonder why something was ever made and who picked it up at basement prices to put on their shelves? In all honesty though, if you do a lot of cooking, you can usually find some great spices and sauces, but I wouldn’t trust anything that expires. Some of the food products just aren’t fresh?

Im in for one of these. Beats borrowing my parents small Oreck when I need to clean out my car.

Have you thought about putting the bag up against the wall… and putting a nail through it to mount it to the wall?

I haven’t tried doing any wet suckage but I don’t think you have to do anything. It has a water sensor inside the tank that will shut it off before it gets too full.

I didn’t think I needed this until I read about using it to clean up around litter boxes–I have more than 5 cats who love to dig and scatter. A regular vac is out of the question, in case there happens to be a small piece of liver or something that’s accidentally gotten scattered. . . . But with this you could wash the tank and even the hose. I might have to have one.

BTW since you spelled out dollar in your post you didn’t have to use the dollar sign ($).
I’m just saying.

My shop vac requires I remove the air filter before using it for wet suckage. Not difficult, but it takes a couple minutes AND you get covered in dust.

Just wondering if this is the same.

To the brilliant guy at the top regarding Ollies - its a bargain store in only 13 states and they are far and few between. Its a 30 minute ride from my house to visit a crap store with the people of wal-mart. No thanks. Id rather save the $1 and have it sent to my door. Glad I ordered before it sold out. This is a deal at $99 dollars, its $199 on HSN.com.

I bought one on the last go around. I looked at the pics and wondered “where are the wheels so it can roll around my garage?” Much to my surprise when it arrived, it has none. I quickly figured out I needed to mount it to the wall and the 30 foot hose easily reaches everywhere. Including the cars in the driveway! Great vacuum at a great price! Woot, I thank you.

Dag Gone IT! I missed out on this one. Hey WOOT, could you please send me one if you end up having any left over?

You feed your cats LIVER? That sounds $$$

Twice in a week now I have procrastinated on getting an item from woot! (first the HP Dual Monitors on Tech.woot a few days ago and now this) and twice they have sold out by the time I decide buy it ;( non-buyers remorse I guess!

Given the copy that goes along with this particular item, I’m not art all comfortable with the fact that it has sold out.