Bissell SpotBot Pet Deep Cleaner

FWIW: I have an older version of this. I rinse it out after each use and leave the jugs open to air dry completely. I’ve never had a problem with it clogging.

Bought this in February from woot, looked and works like new. Mainly use the hose and a spray bottle to clean up after an old cranky cat. I try to remember to run clean water before putting away. It isn’t fast and powerful but is small and very convenient. Happy and would buy it again.

I picked this up last time Woot offered it. If you have a sick, young, or otherwise accident-prone cat and carpeting, then this thing is a godsend. I haven’t had any of the problems others here have had; but if this is worth having for you, I expect you’ll be using it frequently.

I bought one last woot sale and use it a lot. I’ve been happy with it but if I had to complain it would be it needs more suction power. After every use I end up blotting the still-wet area with a towel.

I have owned this model for two years and it was replaced under warranty after the pump broke. They are replacing so many of the pumps that we had to wait 2 months after which they just shipped us a new one. They blamed the failure on our use of vinegar in the water rather than the soap. Overall I think it is a good product but if it died on me again I would by the Green machine so I could have more use out of it. If your pump ends up breaking, you can replace it yourself for about $18 plus shipping.

This is a great price. But such a large discount makes me worry.

With all of the folks mentioning pump failures, are these factory reconditioned models complete rebuilds or are they just doing a inspection on it, and if it looks ok shipping it out and offering a 90 day warranty?

I’d rather not get it and have it fail on my in three months.

This thing is amazing.
My husband and I got ours when our Sears closed for about this price for a new one. Best investment ever. Cleans up poo, pee, puke and whatever else you might spill on your carpet in minutes and all you have to do is fill it with water and cleaner.

I was flat out AMAZED at how well it cleaned out the stains left from previous tenants in our apartment, too.

Purchased new from a big box store about a month ago and we love it. We call it “barf robot” because we purchased it primarily for cleaning up cat puke. It works 90% of the time with the exceptions occurring on set-in stains, which a follow-up clean using Resolve carpet spot cleaner and some hand scrubbing finished off.

It is so convenient to fill the tank, then place the machine over a spot and walk away. It is relatively noisy when the vacuum is on, but still beats hauling out a bulky carpet cleaning machine. Stores very easily in the guest bathroom closet.

I’ve seen multiple reviews stating issues with clogging, so I usually empty any residual cleaning solution and do a “rinse” cycle using only hot water when finished cleaning the last stain o’ the day.

Don’t buy this.

If you need a carpet cleaner, buy an upright.

If you don’t have space to store that, rent one. This is good only for spots. I bought this one time when my dog puked on the carpet in one spot, I felt like a big dumby when my dog got really sick and puked in like 10 places. Buy the more versatile machine if you are going to spend the money unless you are sure you only want to clean spots.

I have some spots that have been treated with nature’s miracle but still has that smell. Would this help with stains that have already set in? Would this be possible to suck up liquid that has penetrated the Carpet Padding?

My guess is that you’ll be able to get some of the liquid out of the pad and some of the stain and odor.

If it’s been there a long time, you may need to do some extra work. I’ve had good luck with Simple Green’s pet products. Just make sure to follow the directions.

I bought the previous model of this in 2008, and it is still going strong. The secret to not getting clogs is to only put water into the tank. Put your cleaning solution (diluted and mixed per bottle instructions) into a spray bottle and spritz the stain on the carpet. Let it sit for a few minutes, then put the SpotBot to work. This method also keeps you from having soapy residue left in the carpet.

The SpotBot has kept my carpet nice despite kids, inevitable coffee sloshes, and a rescued dog with a serious digestive illness. The only reason I’m not jumping on this one is that my existing one is still working perfectly.

I forgot to mention…If you do not do this, it can grow mold and mildew which contributes to the clogging.

These things are junk, they work great for a few months and then fall apart. I learned my lesson after having a couple of them barely last over a year. Bought a Rug Doctor portable, its more work, but cleans better and hopefully it lasts longer.

And it stinks to high heaven.

http://www.woot.com/Forums//emoticons/emotion-41.gif

This thing is amazing. Sure, its good for pets but I’ve used it to remove smashed eyeliner and still-wet wood stain from the carpet too.
Only thing is sometimes I have to use the hand tool to get up all the liquid

that’s why you rinse it out after each use and run it with hot water

Own an earlier version and it has held up great. Have heard that many of the newer versions have had problems. Was great for past kitties that had peeing/vomit issues towards the end of their lives. Would clean up the mess as much as possible, then run the SpotBot, then spray some Icky Poo for pee/poo or Nature’s Miracle for vomit/hairballs to work their magic while the wet carpet dried.

I actually use laundry soap in my carpet cleaners - it work really well and smells better. Just use a small amount because it is usually very concentrated.

Gotta tell you…bought this thing and received it yesterday. Ran to Bed Bath and Beyond and got the pet odor formula cleaning solution and tried it on a couple of my dog’s accidents. It’s FANTASTIC! My house had started smelling like a doggie toilet (uck!) but the spots I tried it on both look and SMELL clean!!!