Bissell Steam Shot Hard Surface Cleaner

I have one of these and think it’s fantastic.

great for cleaning the microwave, I hate using any sort of chemical cleaner in there. This gets all that exploded cooked food out easily.

It’s also fantastic for cleaning car wheels. I’ve told my brother to buy one just for that alone.

Long cord is nice, you can move all around a room while you’re cleaning.

you’ll get things clean you haven’t ever gotten clean before. Gets behind/under knobs and other small spaces.

Heats up pretty fast, doesn’t take a large amount of water, great for small jobs. If you have bigger jobs, you may have to refill it, but it heats up in I’d say 2 min, maybe less, so downtime isn’t much at all.

I bought mine about a year ago from HSN for $35 and think it was well worth it, so I would jump on this deal if you’re thinking about this one.

I could use a steam cleaner to peel decade-old wallpaper off my walls in my new place. Anyone able to chime in on the effectiveness of this machine and its scraper, versus those $45 Wagner steamers I’ve seen?

I am planning on using this to clean/disinfect my kitchen & bathroom sinks and faucets. Studies show that they tend to accumulate a LOT of germs. Also, one of the reviews on Amazon says this DOES help for baked-on gunk on stoves.

This is just the thing to let me indulge my OCD and make it worse. If only these had been around when Howard Hughes was alive! In for one!

There are more 4 and 5 star reviews over at [link] Walgreens: Pharmacy, Health & Wellness, Photo & More for You [/link]

Will it make my fiberglass tub/shower gleam?

Indeed. This is what you pull out when “**** needs to come off and leave no trace”

In41

The easiest way to clean a microwave is to put a mug of water with some lemon juice in it and nuke it for a couple minutes. The water heats up and converts into steam, and the steam/acid from the lemon juice softens up everything. Then you can just wipe all the gunk off. No machines or wires needed. Well, except for the microwave itself.

There results list 1000W, while the product on here is 500W. Makes me wonder if it’s such a good deal after all.

I’m thinking this might work well on litter boxes and the floors in the bathroom around the litter boxes. Anyone have any experience with using steam cleaners on litter boxes?

Is it safe to use a steamer on fiberglass?

I just bought a boat yesterday and think this would be perfect for cleaning the live well.

Any good for wood floors where the poly coating is wearing off and cats have eaten?

Hmm… I’m wondering… If I plan on using this steamer in my kitchen, my bathroom, and my car: should I buy one and use the same attachments everywhere? should I buy one and try to find additional attachments that I only use for one thing? or should I buy a dedicated steamer for the kitchen and another one to use elsewhere?

Steam cleaners are very handy for quickly defrosting chest style freezers before your food thaws/melts.

Was on the fence, then saw the window attachment. In for one.

Now that’s a good idea.
In for one.

Could I use this to steam out wrinkles in clothes?

From the description:

Refresh and remove wrinkles from your favorite clothing or drapes with the fabric steamer tool attachment.

So this has a -2 at the end of the model # where everything else on the web has a -1. It also says 500w where everything else says 1000w. What’s the deal here?

I love the idea of a product that will clean my shower, clean my oven, AND steam the wrinkles from my clothes. I’m in for one, although I’ll be buying distilled water. As someone mentioned earlier, tap water can have a lot of lime and other gunk in it. I already know mine does thanks to a long line of coffeemakers gone bad.

This will bring my total w00ts up to 100. Maybe I’ll have some leftover pie from pi day yesterday. woo. hoo.

I’ve got a similar unit with similar accessories, just not the Bissel name. In addition to the uses sited here; it is excellent for Barbecue Grills in getting them ready for the season. Oven grills too. USe the wire brush attachment. I have also used it to steam clean drapes while still hanging.