Bit Shooter Screwdriver with 24 Bits

How is this THING powered? If by one’s manual twisting force, then it’s not for me as I already have a bunch of human powered screwdrivers.

I tried finding the info mercial on youtube but no go. I thought that might make me want to buy it more.

this is kinda gay.

I bought one of these on clearance at Walmart for $5. (The one I got only came with 12 bits and 2 quick load cartridges)

It works ok, and is of interesting design, but is a little bulky.

Craftsman has a similar screwdriver, while less bulky. (but more expensive, at $20 regular price)
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00947380000P

This is not a powered screwdriver. It just comes with different bits to put in the end in case you are one of those people who don’t have any tools around the house. Like a really old lady or a puss.

Ah. Now I get it. It’s the perfect Mother’s Day gift. Right?

meh . . . put me in for 3. I’ll try one if if they suck I’ll sell the others on ebay.

Regular bits

Yes

we all have disgusting woot addictions. i can’t remember life without it

Thanks for posting the website with the reviews. I couldn’t find any looking thru other search engines. Great price. Questionable product.

I own a driver similar to this, but different brand. Very cool concept. Yes, it is a manual driver (sorry lazy people). What you do… lift the top (where the bits are), and the shaft moves below the bits… you dial in whatever bit you want, and push the top back down… the shaft magnetically catches the bit and VIOLA, you’re ready to go. The dial mechanism is held in place by the shaft, and the bits cannot go anywhere (no lost bits). NOT a heavy-duty device, but perfect for little jobs… and no searching drawers for the right driver or bit.
You’re welcome Woot!

You’ll be lucky if you break even. Already checked the completed items list on the same item.

I paid $29.95 plus tax for the Craftsman, and $19.95 plus $5.95 S&H for this one. This one loses bits if jarred, and jams a lot…whereas the Craftsman is less bulky…and, has a better feel, i.e., higher quality.

However, for the price, it IS a good deal.

And, it is ratcheting.

I bought 3. Came out to 9.97 since I still had a $10 OFF coupon burning a hole in my email fomr a previous woot purchase that they “Oversold” which pissed me off, but such is life…

So for me 3 is worth the 10 bucks, I’ll keep one in the house, one in the car and give the third to a friend.

http://www.infomercialratings.com/product/bit_shooter

Reviews at above site, none of them actually very strong - maybe worth the five bucks Woot is charging.

I’m in for one.
What I’d like to show up someday is one of those Bionic wrenches.

From reviews it seems its a great invention with cheap material…

Correction: Sorry…This one is NOT ratcheting.

So a total piece of garbage (http://www.infomercialratings.com/product/bit_shooter) is “a good deal” just because someone else charges more for it?

Yeah, I’ve looked at those, too, but you only get 6 bits. Sometimes, Craftsman has those gift sets around Christmas with more, but as you say, much more expensive. This’ll probably end up being a loaner.

Most of the reviews indicate this is a cheap product which will break very quickly through normal light use. DON"T DO IT ! ! ! !