Black & Decker 18-Volt Cordless Trimmer/Sweeper Kit

I have this set and after a couple of years I see a little battery performance loss. I used to be able to use 1 battery on my yard and a little into the next session, now I need both batteries to finish it. It isn’t enough to make me hate the item. What has me annoyed is on the string trimmer - a piece broke off inside the string part and this is what allows the string to come out in small bits (it stopped the spool from freely spinning). So when I run it the string would unravel and come out. To fix this I run the string through a small hole on the spool and out the single hole to use it. This does mean that 3-4 times per session I have to manually advance the string, but if I don’t feel like mixing the gas and lugging out the gas trimmer it does the (smaller) job.

The blower is nice enough, not as strong as a wired one I have, but enough for clearing small debris.

Can’t speak for the ‘Sweeper’, but the 18V straight trimmer has worked great for me the last (4) months I have owned it.
I have a very small yard and the ‘Devil’s Strip’ to keep clear and it has done a GREAT job at keeping it clear, I often do the neighbors also because it has enough juice to do them both.
If self line feed hangs up it is VERY easy to disassemble and straighten out the problem.
I paid $50.00 for the trimmer alone so this would be a great deal if the ‘Sweeper’ works as well as the trimmer/edger.
Would recommend it.

HD has the same items for $79. and includes 2 batteries

so does this deal

I wanted to procure the items for sale, however the velocity output of the nickel–cadmium battery powered tool wasn’t powerful enough to accomplish the tasks for which I needed it to do.

There. now I should sound like I know what I’m talking about.

Purchased these and still have not received them NOR received any tracking information about them. Email to Woot CS has been of no help other than “Ask Fedex to track package” when there was no package to track? I’ve been purchasing from woot for years now, and its just been getting more and more disappointing. Longer deliveries, useless customer service.

I’m sorry about that. I’ll add you to my afternoon report so CS can look into it.