Black and Decker 20 Watt Power Backup Battery Pack - 2 Pack

I believe the intent is to get people to think something like:

So it looks like it worked.

well. I would buy one of these but i saw that buy.com has a universal solar charger marked down from 140 to 20+free shipping. actually i think i will still buy some. i need to spend some money and i have been on a shopping spree all week =)

HAAHAA! Wooters are full of awesomely bad puns! XD

Someone please give me a reason why i should consider this… What kinda thing would i use this for? I dont have a clue l.ol

Thanks!

I have two of these. They are kind of stupid and useless. I was stupid to get them.

You guys guessing about Woot Offs are like the Democrats and media (same thing) who were guessing who McCain would pick.

I got two of these at a local store, and they don’t hold a charge as well as I hoped, but for $3.50 (or in this case $5) they worked on my 13 hour bus ride. If you are going on any long trips, pick up one set of two, and they should keep your iPod/Sansa/mp3 player and other handheld device up for a while. Just keep them semi cool, they get HOT.

For this price I would buy four, and throw 3 of them at people on the street to see their responses. The other one left would be put to good use.

NOTE: Keep at least two in case one fails (one of mine doesn’t say if the battery is full when being charged)

How would these work for a digital photo frame? I recently bought a 7" Philips 7FF2CME/27 that draws 4.9 watts. Unfortunately, I found out that they won’t let us plug stuff in at work and have been looking for a solution.

I tried to stop myself but I finally gave in. I have to many little gadgets that I love to not have some back up power sources for them.

Some, yes. But they cost alot!
I think I saw one that can be combined to give 240 volts.

The newer honda generators are inverter based, and can be connected together. Requires an extra cable for sync.

I’m in for three.

Will these things charge my pocket pc? If so will they charge it more than once?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

In for 1 2-fer. I work in the vaudeville and burlesque biz and I’m already seeing short term power solutions for small lights on portable set pieces, maybe even building a reusable flash powder setup in a small table. Having an AC outlet built into these things makes for some easy access to the small amount of juice they DO carry.

I’m only concerned about getting enough AC to power, say, small lights or a tiny ultrasonic fog machine for 5 to 10 minutes on the stage so I’m thinking these will be good for those specific applications. Yeah, I could rig some of those ideas with DC batteries but the convenience of plug-in power has me enthralled. I might not even try these ideas if I had to pay more than $7.50 for the opportunity to experiment so I’m in this time around.

I wonder if I can plug a remote control outlet into the battery pack and activate it with a clicker? Now THAT would be sweet.

And dang, whoever mentioned Myron Cohen - I thought I was the only person left alive that knew about Myron!

Woot! So what does this miracle battery chemistry use? It’s not listed in the specs. I need to know your latest technology before I buy 2 on Tuesday so my charger matches the battery.

I got 3 of these in my bag of crap from one of the woot offs 2 months ago. Lol. I haven’t even used one yet. I thought another woot off was going on right now. Lol

I just tried to recharge my phone with one of the many that I got last April. The phone says “unauthorized charger”. Effin’ Verizon!

Brilliant! (no pun intended) I love it when guys like you come up with this kind of contraption. I used to work in TV news. Our camera batteries were very heavy and never lasted long enough. We worked with one of the broadcast engineers to rig up a belt that would hold as many as six batteries. Each battery weighed about 10 pounds so it was not really a fashion-forward wardrobe accessory, but it was better than running out of juice while covering an even while on battery power. Rock on, O Contraption Dude! :wink:

I love these things!!! I use it to charge my Zune via USB and also to power a small speaker through the AC when out on the deck!!

Bought these two just as backup…

Shipping updated: Just finished packaging and loading these on the Smartpost truck. Within the next day or two you should receive a tracking email. If you don’t see the email make sure that you check “your account” for the tracking link.

Your order for 1 Black & Decker 20 Watt Power Backup Battery Pack - 2 Pack on 09/09/2008 has been recently shipped via SMARTPOST.

Your tracking number is: 021854563010xxxxxxxxxx.

Yaaaaa…Yawn.

It’s actually closer to the size of a BETA tape (had to go further back in history :wink: )

PS - just got’em, charging one right now. I want to know how long can it run a 13W bulb on full charge and can the internal batteries be replaced with the 2650MaH duracells?