Black and White and Red All Over

I think my favorite response to this riddle has always been “penguin in a blender”.

If you were commie you wouldn’t need money… You just gotta be in the party!

You know, I’ve heard versions of this joke with zebras, penguins, and skunks, but I’ve never heard one with a magpie.

You just need to have a funny bone, and not take everything seriously.
Zebra
Penguin
Magpie
Skunk

All animals that are black and white…

all animals are wearing communist (or red) garb.

There is your joke. Really, why is it so hard to get?

Well…there is some irony in that, is there not?

This is a good shirt.

I would buy it if there wasn’t text.

He’s not Russian to buy this shirt.

For all the people that don’t understand it. All the animals are black and white. They are also red all over because they are communist. The shirt comes from the joke: What’s black and white and red (read) all over?

Newspaper
Communist Penguin, Zebra, Skunk, and I don’t know what kind of bird that is.

All the characters are black and white. Magpie,skunk,zebra,penguin… Pretty simple

Thanks guys. I think they’ve got it now.

Stop making me fun of me. I’m not offended Woot. I’m hurt now. :frowning:

I don’t think they knew the red=communist part. I wonder what they think the Red Scare was about…

You would just look stupid wearing this. Just buy a shirt with a sickle and hammer and be done with it. Skip the animals.

And really, it’s not funny.

Wait. So you’re telling me the Red Scare WASN’T a bunch of women having their periods at the same time?

YAY, Omni !!!

congrats on the print, I love the look of this shirt. I love the rich cranberry color, and the bold and striking black and white just look terrific on it.

However, I’m not crazy about the text, I’m pretty sure I’m clever enough to get the joke without it, but the style sure suits the design.

good quality print today!

Scarlet Fever?!
I’m sorry…

Zebra - Either North Korea or Mainland China.

Penguin - I’m inclined to say Mainland China back in the 1920’s because that’s the only instance I can find of them with such a uniform within the communist powers.

Magpie - Vietcong (you can tell by the hat)

Badger/Skunk - USSR.

But then again I can be reading too much into this :smiley:

If this shirt had a panda, I would have been in for 8.

A nun in a knife fight.

Cool print, Omnitarian!

Awes0me!