BM80721
Product Page
Owners Manual

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/e07f388d-214f-4ecb-b44b-1655770e8366.jpg

Black Max Electric/Gas Pressure Washers
Price: $109.99 - 219.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Friday, Jul 18 to Wednesday, Jul 23) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](http://tools.woot.com/offers/black-max-electric-gas-pressure-washers-1) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Black Max Electric/Gas Pressure Washers) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=shop&q=Black Max Electric/Gas Pressure Washers)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
6/17/2014 - $109.99 - 289.9 - 20 comment(s)

Time to check out the product page for the BM80721 and don’t forget, safety first!

Just brought a one story brick home with a huge back deck and pergola. Want to clean the brick but mainly want to buy one too clean the back deck. Had two estimates and both wanted over $1300 to clean and stain back deck. No thank you. I can probably do it myself for half the cost.

First step is too clean the deck. I have just started looking into buying a pressure washer. I also looked n the back of deck cleaner and it says us 1200psi.

So I guess I’m going to ask my woot family for help. Would the gas one be overkill to clean a wood deck, wash the car, clean the driveway of oil leaks, and wash the brick on my home? Or is bigger always better?

Lots of feedback with the previous offering pertaining to the electric, but not much feedback on the gas one. I was on the fence last time, and still on the fence. Let’s here some feedback on the gas one, please!

Here’s something I’ve learned from working in the disaster response business: the electric ones can do the job on most tasks. Where you tend to run into issues is portability of the electric one since you’ll need to string around an extension cord. And usually it isn’t just any old extension cord, it has to be one of those thick, expensive 12 gauge deals. I had to break down and buy one to run my electric snowblower, but it was still a PITA to unroll it, use the snowblower, and roll it back up. Think that that chore will be even worse when using an electric pressure washer as the cord will be wet afterwards.

With that being said, if you’re going to be relatively close to an outlet, or you don’t mind running an extension cord, I think the electric one is a fine deal and will suit your needs just fine.

This is a fine machine and if I didn’t already own 2 of them, I would certainly buy this one. I’m talking about the gas unit. I’m already tempted…even though I have two.

My friend and neighbor owns this very machine and has owned it for at least 6 years. He uses it very frequently, sometimes on chores which keep the washer going all day. He takes care of his equipment diligently and has never had a problem with his washer. When he purchased his washer new, it cost will over $300 new…it’s much more than that today.

Well, what’s not to like? You get a really great engine and a very worthy pump. The machine is equipped with a soap tank and the price is about half the going price of this unit today.

If you remember to change the oil at regular intervals, drain the fuel and run the gas out carb fuel bowl, the washer will provide service for years. Oh yes, don’t forget to allow the pump to drain of water so that you can avoid freeze up problems and always use “Sta-bil” in your gas.

Screw it. I went ahead and bought the gas one. It’s only money, right?

I brought it also. Might be more than I need but only money. My friend has one he paid $300. Lowes and home depot were right around $300 range also. $219 hard to pass up

In fact http://www.homedepot.com/p/Homelite-2700-PSI-2-3-GPM-Honda-Gas-Pressure-Washer-UT80993E/203051642. $329 at my home depot and it looks almost the same.

I strongly urge you to get the gas washer. While you may be able to do the job with the electric, the gas unit has a more hefty pump and certainly has more power to handle your deck and other chores which may pop up in the future.

When you get your machine, buy a gallon of special wood cleaning soap at your home center. Then select a clear day and get started. Soap down a section of your deck at a time and allow it to soak for a short time (check the instructions on the bottle). Now select one of your less aggressive spouts and click it in and shut off the soap at the tank. You don’t want to get too close to the wood…just close enough to clean it. Getting too close will damage the wood and give you a less than desirable finished look. Allow it to dry before staining. Have fun!

Acanarelli,

Does this gas model come with the separate tips as well as the multi-function tip like the one on Sam’s Club’s website?

I see it in the picture but it’s not listed in the description.

It appears that this is what you get:

Electric comes with: The 0, 25, 40 and Soap Spray Tips Included

Gas Model comes with: Soap, 15-Degree, Turbo Nozzle Tips Included."

Here is how I figured that out:

The gas model comes with the nozzles listed under that model’s “Specs” tab, i.e.: “Spray Tips Included: 0, 25, 40 and Soap”…

Whereas if you scroll further down on that same page as above, you’ll see the following:

"In the Box:

(1) Black Max BM80721 1,700 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
Soap Nozzle
15-Degree Nozzle
Turbo Nozzle
25-Foot Hose
35-Foot Electric Cord

– OR –

(1) Black Max ZRBM80919 2,700 PSI Gas Pressure Washer with Honda Engine"

I bought the electric one a few Woots ago. It certainly works better than any other electric unit I’ve tried. Not seeing much use (once a year around the house), it was right for me. However, if I had to do it again, I’d opt for the gas unit.

Quick question, I am always hesitant to buy refurbished goods. If it breaks, is there any difference in warranty? How long is the warranty and what does it cover? Thank you in advance.

Electric is OK if you’re not moving around much, such as washing cars, short driveways, small patios, etc. If you also intend on cleaning siding, working around decks, cleaning fences, or similar tasks that require you to move the unit, I would suggest gas. The bump in pressure with the gas is also nice.

Also remember that with electric, you’re managing 2 lines - water supply and electrical supply. They may not necessarily be close to each other, and they can easily be of different length. IMHO, the less cable management you have to do, the better.

I have the gas model. It works great for most household jobs. The only issue I have is the “plastic” hose. It is very stiff and difficult to coil and store. I bought a rubber hose at Harbour Freight for about $15. Works and stores much better.

I’d suggest you exercise caution when using a pressure washer on your brick. Bricks, and the mortar, are not as hard as one would think. It is very easy to damage the bricks or blast out the mortar at 2,700 psi, depending on the age of the brick. Not all bricks and mortar are of the same density and hardness.

Start with a wide spray pattern and the wand nozzle at least 3 ft from the brick surface. Only get as close as necessary (at least 2 feet) to the brick to do the job.

“Hey! HEY! IT’S IMPORTANT YOU READ THIS! These two Pressure Washers requires fuel, so they can’t be returned to Woot. Don’t say we didn’t warn you. But you are still covered for warranty claims. We have enough broken crap around here, we don’t need yours cluttering up the place.”

Some how I don’t think the electric pressure washer actually uses fuel in the sense that it does not directly use petrol. Woot, you lie!

I have the electric and I have a 2200 psi gas of a different brand. Once I bought my first electric pressure washer I have never started the gas one again. The electric will do everything the gas one will except write my name in concrete.

No smell of gas, compact, light, (carried it up the ladder of my RV to wash the roof) very happy with the electric. The gas one will be on the next rummage sale