Black Max Power Washer

Shipping is always $5 on Woot, whether it’s a DVD or a 300lb treadmill. Only t-shirts are shipped FREE. Furthermore, everything you purchase until midnight will not incur additional shipping.

Taxes are a bit more complicated. In the past, only those living in WA, TX and NY had to pay sales tax. Someone in PA recently said that he also had to pay tax so the list of states is growing.

Those paying sales tax can use the coupon code “TAXSUCKS” to get $5 off orders over $40…

And don’t worry, you’ll be given a final total before committing to an order. In fact, it’s as simple as clicking on the I WANT ONE link. It will then show you the price with any applicable taxes and discounts. You will then have to click PLACE YOUR ORDER before the order goes through. As you can see below, you can click Cancel Order to cancel. Or simply leave the page or close the tab/window.

Is this thing UL listed? I can’t find it on the site, and on other sites in my googles. I wish the wootens would let us know if an item is UL listed or not.

In for 1

Reason was because you told them you tried to start it which requires gasoline. Gasoline and it’s vapors are combustible/hazardous materials. Engine oil is non-combustible and thus non-hazardous in this respect.
This info doesn’t do you any good now, but for future reference… To get around this little annoyance,
1) Empty the gas tank by either running it dry (not an option for you), pouring it out, or siphoning it out. Leave the gas cap off so any remaining fuel can evaporate out including the gas vapor in general. This happens fairly quickly.
2) Remove the spark plug and then attempt to start the engine. This will force the rest of the gas in the fuel system out and into the now-open combustion chamber where it can be siphoned out or left to evaporate.
3) Put everything back together and voila! No more hazardous materials. After all of this, you can go one step further and simply tell them you never put gas in it. Any remaining vapors (if they even bothered to check, which they won’t because that takes more time and they don’t care since you said there’s no gas in it) can be attributed to the mfg since they test fire all of them prior to shipping out.

In other news…
The regular non-refurb model of this washer is BM80919. Sam’s has it retail new for $299 with 2yr warranty.
The ZR in this model number (if it’s not obvious) denotes the Refurb status. The R denotes Refurb in their internal catalogs and the Z is just so it shows up at the bottom of their listings when viewing the catalog in alphabetical order.

BUYER BEWARE! I feel compelled to chime in here. I bought this one a couple of months ago. It arrived, box and washer covered in oil and nonfunctional. I think that anybody considering buying this should know that Honda would have nothing to do with it, Amazon can’t track woot orders, and UPS will have nothing to do with it once shipped because they said it is illegal to ship this with oil inside! I finally got it returned to woot and have never heard anything from Woot since.

I bought one of these few months ago from sams, I paid $300 for it new.
It works great. does a great job, and engine starts on first pull.
unlike my old B&S POS.

whoops!

I have one, and I like it, but I would be a tad wary of a refurb. The pump on mine went out at 13 months, but the factory warranty was 2 years. From what I read, pump problems are common on this model. I properly winterized with anti-freeze and everything.

Regarding service, however, Black Max was excellent and there was a place to service it in my small town (pop 30-ish thousand). He fixed it in a week or so, no charge, and it works like new again.

Some advice: Do not sit or rub your rear end (or crotch) on this if you tend to wear flammable underwear or jockstraps. This is especially true if your underwear or jockstrap has sequins or ornaments that can cause sparks. Grandpa Willis learned the hard way and now he tours churches in the rural South with his cautionary tale.

Amazon doesn’t track Woot orders, but Woot does track Woot orders. Simply go unto your account and each order should have a tracking number, whether UPS, Fedex or USPS.

Good advice 'cept you can’t call Black Max for engine repairs if you’ve never used it. And using it generally means putting gas in. Sure you can say that it arrived with a broken handle or crooked wheel, but that probably won’t warrant servicing. They’ll just send you a replacement part. Well, I guess you can say that there is a huge hold in the gas tank, which needs servicing, but you generally have to honestly describe the problem over the phone so that they can enter into their database to relay to the repair center. If the problem they find is not what you described, they can hold onto the machine for payment of additional unapproved repairs.

Why would a gasoline engine need a UL listing??? UL listed is only for electrical and fire safety to address broader safety issues, such as hazardous substances, water quality, food safety, performance testing and environmental sustainability.

This unit has sat in my garage since purchase. I tried to finally use it yesterday and a critical piece (probably missed in refurb inspection apparently) was broken. The brass chemical injection nozzle sheared off into the manifold portion of the pump and was cosmetically glued back into place (presumably by the prior returner).

Starting it up with water pressure blew the connection right away, and without this pressure seal, the water pressure is not remotely good enough to get any job done. (Not to mention if pressure washing in a drought was already questionable, it now leaks water like a sieve).

Submitted a request for warranty help (all of 1.5 months remaining), but my hopes are low: the piece is on the borderline of warranty coverage, the brass injection nozzle itself is available for cheap purchase, provided you can back out the broken brass nipple apparently Loctite’d in (unsuccessful so far).

So now I’m evaluating replacing the entire manifold assembly plus nozzle, at the tune of $72 after miraculously finding it for purchase online, or $159 for an entire new pump assembly. Sigh.

Lesson learned that even “certified” refurbs require a higher level of timely due diligence (if you’re lucky enough to even see how the shyster owner before you hid the defect so they could return it.)