Black Zeppelin

There’s a small Winery in the finger lakes region of New York calleed Fulkerson that makes a sweeter, very fruity wine called “Red Zeppelin” very tastey should check em out. www.fulkersonwinery.com

Definitely in for one, time to open some of the other bottles and see how it all tastes.

I get enough of these and can have a really fun tasting with friends!

If your really curious about alicante then try wellingtons noir de noirs. It’s not 100% but it’s close.

Can this wine be drunk now with aeration or decanting, or must it be kept awhile?

Speed to First Woot: 10m 49.992s First Sucker:jackiecanev2 Last Wooter to Woot:robertullman

well after a long long long time looking at the deals and perusing the boards I jumped in for this one based on the drooling people seem to have for Stillman.

Thank you Stillman, great analogy. You explain very well to all levels of wine enthusiasts. Let me know if you ever travel to Ohio for a wine tour/tasting, would really enjoy hearing you speak.
I am going to bet the 2013 Colossus is going to break some records for you and also win you a great deal of awards…can’t wait for that one, have not tried the Colossus…
Again thanks, and cheers Stillman

S

It’s very sweet, and it’s not Vinifera . . . definitely not for everyone. They claim they came up with the name spontaneously, just a couple of years after my wine was first released and all over the Wine Spectator, MTV etc etc. I let them sell it in NY, but it’s my trademark.

My friend the wonderful wine cog keeps trying to get me to go to Ohio, but I don’t do distributors. Besides, it’s a big state! (The 2011 Colossus is one ton/acre but of course it’s still in barrel.)

Stillman your three separate BZ labels for 2009 is confusing. Next year please release the PS Zep’s under your other label Deep Purple Zepplin so that we can better discern which is which. :wink:

Thanks. Virtual drooling, right?
One of my friends was doing a show at our local dive bar - blasting punk rock, singing and playing guitar, and kept at it full speed ahead while an entire pitcher of beer was poured, moderately slowly, over his head.
I’d do that with wine, but not drool. And if you heard me sing you might use syrup.

I know, but at least I color coded them. My friend Rudy, lead guitarist of Meth Leppard, named his newborn son Vitus Blackmore Castellanos. Is that awesome or what?

[QUOTE=outdoorslife, post:19, topic:355421]
The grape is one of a few that have a red flesh. Most other grapes have a white flesh so one has to press the grapes and macerate the skins with the juice to impart color.
With Alicante Bouschet (cross bet ween Petit Bouschet and Grenache btw) you can color quickly from the pressing without having to macerate. The grape does have higher tannins so that needs to be considered when making a wine with this grape.

Another name you might have heard it by might be Tinto Nero or Garnacha Tintorera.

edit: Stillman beat me to the post by a few seconds or so… Looks like we were typing at the same time. heh.[/quote

First , thanks. Second, just think that it’s “great minds think on the same track” .
Hey, I’m definitely not quick at typing. I have to use a stylus with my pad.
Looking forward to enjoying this wine.
Cheers…happy Monday.

Just one more…
Not to sound cartoonish, but would I be correct in saying this grape gives the “Pow” factor?

I’m pouring it in the tasting room, and I prefer it an hour after opening, or a day (cork in overnight, no gas). So, yes. If I only had one bottle ever, I would hold for a few years - but since the minimum purchase is two you don’t have that dilemma!

100% AGREE

[QUOTE=baristaboss58]

[QUOTE=outdoorslife, post:32, topic:355421, post:19, topic:355421]
The grape is one of a few that have a red flesh. Most other grapes have a white flesh so one has to press the grapes and macerate the skins with the juice to impart color.
With Alicante Bouschet (cross bet ween Petit Bouschet and Grenache btw) you can color quickly from the pressing without having to macerate. The grape does have higher tannins so that needs to be considered when making a wine with this grape.

Another name you might have heard it by might be Tinto Nero or Garnacha Tintorera.

edit: Stillman beat me to the post by a few seconds or so… Looks like we were typing at the same time. heh.
[/quote

First , thanks. Second, just think that it’s “great minds think on the same track” .
Hey, I’m definitely not quick at typing. I have to use a stylus with my pad.
Looking forward to enjoying this wine.
Cheers…happy Monday.

Just one more…
Not to sound cartoonish, but would I be correct in saying this grape gives the “Pow” factor?[/quote]

There’s not really enough of it in this wine to make a difference, though I’ve more on the way. I view it as a spice - the color doesn’t matter to me - and as one of the very few varietals that’s compatible with low yield Syrah in a blend.

Thank you.
Another to the list!
I so appreciate this forum and people like you. I’m a sponge and am soaking it in as fast as I can…oh yes, let’s not forget the wine…:slight_smile:

Thanks for the specifics…makes sense.

I can talk about coffee like you do you’re wine. That’s why I appreciate you’re feedback, and you’re obvious passion for what you love.

Advice taken and in for one.

Separate topic - I couldn’t find any discussion on the woot plus deals in the world of wine area - is it just too early in the morning and i can’t find it? With it being twisted oak and iron house - sounds like my first opportunity to do some damage with the all day $5 shipping!

I thought I left a fairly decent Vintner’s Voicemail, but I can’t find it anywhere . . .

We’ll look into that for you. :slight_smile: