BlackWidow Expert Gaming Keyboard 2013

**Item: **BlackWidow Expert Gaming Keyboard 2013
Price: $49.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=BlackWidow Expert Gaming Keyboard 2013)

[Search Google](Google Expert Gaming Keyboard 2013)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
8/20/2013 - $49.99 (Woot Plus)
6/19/2013 - $45.00 (Woot Plus)

Whew… good thing this was limited to 3 per customer!

I have wanted to get a mechanical keyboard for many years, ever since I foolishly go rid of my old IBM even though it was a PS/2. So I was thrilled to see this keyboard on Woot and couldn’t purchase it fast enough.

I do have 2 bones to pick regarding this keyboard. First, they put a glowing logo at the bottom of the keyboard, but didn’t bother to make the keys backlit. My previous keyboard had this and it has been quite an annoyance to lose this function. Much more importantly, is the implementation of the volume control. My previous keyboard was the Microsoft sidewider X6 and I can not begin to express how much I miss the volume control knob. While the Blackwidow does provide a key combination to perform this function, it requires pressing the Fn key and the F3 key to turn up (Fn F2 to turn down and Fn F1 to mute).

For some obscene reason, Razer decided to place the Fn key on the lower right of the keyboard so that you have to use both hands to adjust the volume. This is quite annoying. There is ample room on the keyboard to have provided dedicated volume control keys or at least to have put the Fn key closer to the F1, F2, &F3 keys so that the action could be performed with one hand.