Bleeding Heart Liberal or Wingnut Conservative

Just so you know, the people dying to come here are usually NOT qualified to be here under our actual legal system of immigration. As all countries, the US only legally accepts what they consider to be ‘productive’ members of society. To show you can be productive, you have to have supporting documentation detailing things like degrees in the fields we feel are important, exhaustive documentation showing that no one in the US is able to do your job as well as you can (which takes months for a company to provide), etc, etc.

Those who are just desperate to get out of their countries because it’s miserable? The US Immigration system doesn’t want them, and will not accept them. That’s why so many people come here illegally. There’s no legal alternative.

MANY green card holders do NOT give up their citizenship in their native countries. The green card allows work freely from organisation to organisation (which implies you’ve been through a rigorous vetting process including either a marriage to an American, or a very LONG period of time working without any sort of job security (H1b or similar visa), or are sponsored by an American family; plus, of course, you have to do the required intrusive physical exams and interviews). But in the end, that’s what it is: a license to be allowed to work somewhere. It confers no rights of guaranteed citizenship even if you wanted them. It confers no right to vote to determine the conditions of the environment in which you live. It’s just a method by which we can track who’s working here and therefore who has to pay taxes.

Those poor souls fighting each other and hiding in boxcarts, and riding in tiny boats some umpteen million miles to reach our shores? 99% of them are, when found, arrested, placed in holding from 1 month to 3 years, and deported back to the environments from which they came without even so much as a CHANCE to get a green card. But they themselves rarely do it because they want to be Americans. They do it because they desperately want to be somewhere NOT where they currently are. It’s less nationalism, and more escape.

…“must warn President McCain”…
-Homer Simpson

Pass. Is Wingnut Republican commonly used in political vernacular? I guess it’s too esoteric for me.

Barr/Root!

woohoo!

Exactly. Or even yesterday, so we could have overnighted it.

my whole family bleeds liberal… maybe i should buy it for them… we will see…

It works it works… kind of establishes your compatibility with people… sort of like E-harmony for politics

As soon as I saw the shirts, that it was only 8:30am and there were already
over 350 comments…I knew this was gonna be a good one! No work will get done though while I spend time reading all this.

no homo?

i would be amused. i could give the one to my conservative friend. <3?

also would have loved to wear this to the polls. as i’m going to vote now, I’m wearing ‘I pwn boys’ instead.

almost as good?

So… many… comments… Must read them… find… drama…

i’d like to get one, just gotta make sure i have the money. also, i’m not sure about the timing. elections are DEFINITELY gonna be over by the time ANYONE gets their shirts. and while i’m sure these can be worn, like, year-round, they would have been much more convenient a week or two ago.

just skip to the last page. it’s easier that way.

Wow … looks like a few of you completely missed my point last night.

Just to be clear, there’s a huge difference between “I hate America” and “The behaviour of people on this site tonight/today makes me relieved the label ‘American’ will never apply to me.” :stuck_out_tongue:

If this were last election, it would have been hilarious if the heart was purple… but its not last election and Im not a fan of either of these shirts.

It’s weird how there are so many comments and yet it hasn’t sold out yet.

I agree with all others who have posted saying it would have been nice about a week ago.
Nice idea on being able to choose one or the other, though.

I know I thought for sure with that many comments it would be sold out by now! I’m betting it still does though. I do agree with the rest of the comments that this shirt would have been funnier say last week or earlier. Think I’ll pass.

So, I never read your previous comment (just skipped to the last page), but still, it’s insulting, which is probably what made people testy.

This is a great T-Shirt. It would have been better to show up at the polls wearing it. I got a Liberal shirt for the woman and a conservative shirt for myself. Great couple shirt!
*Brand new member too, I’ve been following the shirts for about a week now and these are the first shirts I bought!

Who here has actually voted or is actually going to?

I went last Friday. I voted for the Crips. Damn those Bloods!!!