Blendtec Classic 575 Blender

Blendtec Classic 575 Blender

“…a chocolate ice cream and banana shake DOESN’T sound amazing right now.”

NOTHING banana sounds amazing. What has that poor chocolate shake done to make you punish it with a banana?

I had a BlendTec ~7 years ago, for a few years. Because I was a sucker for those videos. I really didn’t love it. It definitely was powerful, I’ll give it that. But I went through 3 containers because of issues with the bottom leaking, and they are fused to the container so the only option is replacing the whole thing. I found the different programs to be fairly annoying, I just wished I had something I could control directly rather than letting it run a program.

My (now) spouse had a Vitamix, and after using both, I sold the BlendTec. The Vitamix is just as powerful, in 5 years of use I haven’t had to replace the bottom, and the bottom is separately replacable, and it has a speed dial and 2 switches (on/off and variable/high).

The Blendtec is a solid blender, but the Vitamix is just better, IMHO.

1 Like

As a counterpoint to @linsomniac 's experience, I’ve had a blendtec for several years now, and I love it.
The current models (and this 575) have an OFF/ON/Pulse mode like regular blenders, with multiple speed settings. They do have some preprogrammed things like smoothie, and I find smoothie does a great job at making, well, smoothies. I use manual speed and pulse for most other things. No leaking blender vessels for me, but that was a concern with the purchase because as @linsomniac mentions it’s not replaceable.

1 Like